I CANT FIND THE BACK UP LIGHTS ON MY DAUGHTERS CAR. SHOULD IT HAVE THEM? 2002 PONTIAC SUBFIRE. IT LOOS LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE TRUNK LID. IBUT THEY WOULD BE OPTIONAL. I THOUGHT ALL CARS HA

JAYBIRD68
0

Asked by JAYBIRD68 Feb 05, 2013 at 07:49 PM about the 2002 Pontiac Sunfire

WHEN I LOOK UP BACK UP LIGHTS FOR THIS CAR IT ALWAYS SHOWS A ROUND LIGHT AND THERE IS
NOTHING ROUND ON THIS CAR. PLEASE HELP.

DavidH25

Stop yelling and I will tell you every car has back up lights. Get a helper, anybody, to stand behind the car and you put it in reverse. With engine running or better yet just turn key to 'on' so you don't back in to your helper They will light, if they work anyway

45,695

Some have the reverse lights in the bumper cover under the tail lights. Some have the reverse lights on both sides of the license plate holder. They should be powered by a green wire and a black ground.

Best Answer
JAYBIRD68
0

Yeah thanx tenspeed. On each side of the liscence plate the are cut-outs for the light sockets. Buit some one has obviously removed them and spray painted the lenses. It almost looks like it came that way from the factory. As if it was an option. I'll check and see if i can find the green wire. i just wasnt sure if they were optional that year is all.

45,695

You could sand the paint off and spray with clear coat to make them glossy. Another option is to use new LEDs for reverse lights. Search eBay for "eagle eye led" and sort by lowest price + shipping. They have stick on and hole mounted lamps. -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Pair-1-5W-LED-White-High-Power-Eagle-Eye- Rear-Back-Up-Reverse-Tail-Light-Lamp-/320961131299? pt=US_Car_Lighting&hash=item4abac63323