can you swap out a transmossion from a 1998 eclipse gs to a 1995 mitsubishi eclipse?

SANCHEZR
0

Asked by SANCHEZR Oct 07, 2012 at 02:57 PM about the 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse

i put a 1998 eclipse transmission on my 1995 eclpise nd the oil temp sensor  and kickdown  sensordont plug into
the 1998 transmission is there any way i could adapt it?

Justino Sosa
85

It should be a straight bolt on just don't get the transmission from a gst of gsx since those come with a different motor

Ryan Beltz
175

i agree should be simple swap just get the pig tail off the 98 and wire it to the harness on the 95 make sure you take your time with the wiring tho

SANCHEZR
0

It worked thanks fellas

sitro42013
20

the 1.8 sohc engines have a 5 bolt flywheel while the 2.0 dohc engine has 6 bolts on the crankshaft bushing built into the block. u can swap the tranny but u need to make sure ur flywheel/driveplate and adapter plates have the same number of holes as the crankshaft bushing. it is not universal. i swapped my busted tranny of my 92 gs 2.0 for a 91 1.8 engine tranny.. i used the tranny but had to buy a new flywheel because the tranny i got was a 5 bolt. some parts differ from the SOHC and the DOHC engine all will only allow that specific part so be careful with that! the engines are somewhat similar but not compatible