2001 mit eclipse v6 wont stay cranked please help :(

taybug
0

Asked by taybug Jan 14, 2013 at 12:05 AM about the 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse

recently had the seals redone... had it back about a week ..and tonight it will crank and run as long as
i push gas... the moment i let off the car dies .. please help, im a single mom and this is my only ride.

49,685

It sounds like a vacuum leak. Have someone look under the hood while the engine is running. Check the large hose from the engine to the brake vacuum booster. It's the black round thing on the other side of the firewall from the brake pedal if you don't know where to look. It a common area for a leak large enough to stall a engine.

taybug
0

thank you i will go now ... i appreciate your time and answer.

DavidH25

I second that. Most vacuum hoses won't cause it to actually stall out, the small ones you may hear a whistle or sucking sound but is very hard to detect with engine running, and you can't check by ear without it running, the only other large vacuum hose is PCV, from intake manifold to valve cover

Tbyerline2
0

i have a 2001 eclipse gt and the brakes dont seem to wanna work. i had looked and saw that my brake fluid was low then added some, but still the brake goes to the floor unless i pump the break. i thought i had air in my break lines but i dont know how to bleed them???