Why would my gear shifter lock up

kmcclure
0

Asked by kmcclure Mar 08, 2010 at 02:56 PM about the 2000 Mazda MPV

My gear shifter locked up and i remove the clip on the colum to put it in gear and now it will not move unless i floor it, i checked the tranny fluid and it is fine, also when this happened the speed ometer quit working

duke Duckett
25

check the fuse for the cigarette lighter it is your problem. one of the stupider designs on the 2000 mpv cigarette lighter fuse goes then spedo quits working and car refuses to shift.

Cinnamon Summers
0

Thank you to whoever answered this question. Just saved me alot of time and money..

moinkhan
0

Thank you so much. It helped me save who knows how much the mechanic would charge without telling me that all he had to do is replace the fuse.

shruti
0

Thank you so much, I had the same problem and the mechanic told me that I have to keep the car for one day to trouble shoot the problem. It took only four dollars for me to buy the fuse. God bless you!

OldcarDriver
20

I had same problem before and I found is the fuse broken, but this time are not the fuse after check all the fuse are ok. Do same one have idea to fix this. Thanks