2004 Sorento - what would cause tail lights to not work, yet all other lights (signal, brake, etc) all do?

RobO45
0

Asked by RobO45 Dec 30, 2011 at 10:41 PM about the 2004 Kia Sorento

Tail lights not working. Checked bulbs and fuse.

papa

bad ground in tail light fixtures.

You think this is helpful.
04sorento81
0

i have found in the manual that there is a battery saving feature and when it's on, it will shut off the taillights, i have gone through the manual and have done the sequence in which it asks you to do, i have managed to get them working that way but it's not an easy process and vey frustrating , open driver side door, turn off and on lights,.. thats all it said, and i had spent 30 mins to an hour trying that method before they turned on,

onetinsoldier
0

when my tail lights stopped working a friend told me to put in a fuse he had same problem,when i checked there was no fuse in the tail fuse spot .so i put one in,alls well now

RM007
20

I had this problem with my 2003 Kia Sorento. All lights except tailights worked. Some people may tell you to change the DRL (Daytime Running Lights Module) which is really expensive. I found a very and simple solution. Under your hood in the relay panel there is a spot labelled EXT. It most likely has a dummy fuse in that space. My space was labelled for a 15A Fuse so I removed the dummy and added a 15A Fuse and it worked! It bypasses the module and your tailights will work again.

Dawn Kuhns
0

This is known grounding wire issue with Sorento. Had mine replaced for free and haven't had any more issues.