how do I relace sunroof drain tubes on my 2004 Kia sorento?

madprof
60

Asked by madprof Jul 03, 2011 at 01:07 AM about the 2004 Kia Sorento

madprof
60

actually I didn't need to replace them as I thougt, just clean them out and thereby allowing the water to drain from the sunroof through the drain tubes/ducts. To clean the ducts (they are located at the extreme left and right corner of the sunroof) open the sunroof get into the back and stand through the sunroof. Use weedeater plastic string to help clear the duct by pushing and turning about 6 feet will do. It will not go all the way through but stop at the end of the duct. Use REDUCED COMPRESSED AIR PRESSURE about 10 - 15 psi to blow through the ducts. Pour some degreaser in the ducts to help clear them. Blow again and pour more degreaser and let sit overnight. Blow again and taht should do it. Clogged sunroof ducts lead to rain or other water runnig into the car and in the case of the sorento into the fusebox causing electrical shorts that can lead to sarter and other curcuits working by themselves or even fire.