Pickup Box Trail gate bumper

Asked by buffaloman Jan 16, 2011 at 03:36 PM about the 1997 Isuzu Hombre

Does anyone have a picture of this bumper for a 1997 extended cab? My box doesn't have any. I went to a salvage yard that only had S 10's , the bumper where a funny wedge shape and placed on the box side rail. The repair manual shows them on the box back.

went to the slavage yard and found the bumpers. they are small rubber pieces about 1" x 2" flat with two protrusions on the rear that you need to CAREFULLY pull out. The rubber is old so they tear easily. Finally got two good ones after 4 tries. They were off Chevy s 10s between 1995 to 1997. Other S 10s have a thick wedge pice. They don't fit....