Is there an alternate repair solution for the codes p0355, p0452,p0453 and p0463 than replacing the entire system of my V-6 1998 Izusu Rodeo passport

Bentravolt
0

Asked by Bentravolt Apr 22, 2013 at 08:07 AM about the 1998 Isuzu Rodeo

The warning for fuel (gasoline) on my 1998 Isuzu Rodeo Passport is the car does not move and the OBD II codes given me ar p0355, p0452, p0453,and p0463. I'm told to replace the entire wiring for the car can the be an alternate repair solution for these code other then replacing the wiring?

45,705

P0355 ISUZU - Ignition Coil 5 Control Circuit -- Possible causes - Faulty Ignition Coil 5 - Ignition Coil 5 harness is open or shorted - Ignition Coil 5 circuit poor electrical connection - Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

45,705

P0452 ISUZU - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Voltage - Possible causes - Faulty Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection

45,705

P0453 ISUZU - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Circuit High Voltage - Possible causes - Faulty Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection - Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

45,705

P0463 ISUZU - Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Voltage - Possible causes - Faulty fuel level sensor - Fuel level sensor harness is open or shorted - Fuel level sensor circuit poor electrical connection

45,705

There could be one common wire that is bad. Find what wire it is, find where it is damaged and repair it.

wicc_ed
0

It is common for the fuel sending unit to go out in these vehicles. From what I understand, it is part of the fuel pump. (I currently have a 01 Honda Passport.. basically the same vehicle tagged as Honda). I called Honda about the problem, it was going to cost in the neighborhood of $800 bucks to fix.. 400 for the part, and 400 for labor. (Fuel pump is located in the gas tank and has to be removed). However I just seen replacements on Ebay for around 50 bucks. So if your able, you may want to try to tackle it yourself. On another note.. Yesterday I discovered that if you live in a snowy area where they use salt on the roads... these vehicles are time bombs waiting to go off... the salt severely deteriorates the frame, causing structural failure. If you live in such an area you may want to check for the damage before spending money on fixing it. Here is a youtube link to the type of damage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQXdieQfPL4