replaced the starter

kymgaudette
0

Asked by kymgaudette Mar 04, 2013 at 07:31 PM about the 2002 Infiniti I35

now there is no click, or anything, the car does have a security system. removed the positive cable when I installed the starter.????

judge_roy

Your starter need a solid ground connection too- look at the black wire clamp, hose it off, free of corrosion...then check the other end that goes to the frame/chassis, stud with connection lug should be sparkly-clean...as well as the connection to the motor (1/0 cable) going to a solid ground source like the alternator bracket on the engine.

judge_roy

of course going to assume that the + side is clean, free of corrosion, and all auxilliary lugs on the plus side are connected, and you didn't forget any of these extra lugs on there-