Small spare tire that will fit 2010 miata

glenpolly
0

Asked by glenpolly Jul 02, 2011 at 02:10 PM about the 2010 Mazda MX-5 Miata

My 2010 miata grand touring does't come with a spare tire.  I don't like the kit that came with it.  Does anyone know of a small spare that will fit the 17" rims?  If so, please let me know the model and year of anything that will fit and still fit in the trunk.  I have been to 2 dealers and 5 salvage yards.  No one can help.  Thanks.
glenpolly@aol.com
glenpolly@aol.com

Jonathan Furse
1,645

Just buy a rim and tire setup that is the same size as the stock tires. That is absolutely the best way to go because you can still use the vehicle on the spare until the regular tire gets repaired or replaced.

Jonathan Furse
1,645

Also, there is no chance of damaging your drive train by inadvertently having two differently sized tires on the front.

William Everidge
0

The miata is a rear wheel drive car so the different sizes should be at the front. I have Sucessfully used an rx8 spare on my 2010 miata. It just barely fits on the trunk. The flat will not fit on the trunk so either put it in the passenger seat or bungee the trunk lid.