will not start after already been driven.

kbernadetter
25

Asked by kbernadetter Dec 04, 2007 at 09:00 PM about the 1991 Honda Accord

If driven, then shut off, will not restart unless it cools down. Had distributor replaced and new battery put in. what else???? Have been back to the shop 3 times and all the tests come back fine! [alternator, ignitoer]

23,595

Two thoughts. The ignition module could be bad. This needs to be dynamically tested (i.e. tested on a machine that heats it up to operating temperature). You could also have a bad fuel pump or fuel pump relay. Next time it won't start, turn the key (without cranking the engine) and listen for a buzzing for 10-15 seconds from the rear of the vehicle. This is the fuel pump pressurizing the lines. If you don't hear this, it's fuel pump problems.