what happen when power steering puum is making noice

olla
0

Asked by olla Apr 04, 2013 at 09:57 AM about the 1999 Honda Accord

DavidH25

You had it right in your first question, it's low on fluid and may only need to be topped off (it does not take much of a loss of fluid to make it "buzz") it's a very distinctive sound easily identifiable as power steering.

Trebor66
575

Low fluid level will cause a loud pump.If the fluid is not low, and is still loud.Pump replacement is required. The internal parts that make up the vain type hydraulic pump are worn out of tolerance.That's why it's loud.