Driver side door panel removal

Dmac7861
0

Asked by Dmac7861 Feb 16, 2010 at 03:17 PM about the 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

How do I remove the driver-side interior door panel on a 2 door 2009 chevy silverado (with little or no damage
to the parts)

Ben Williams
10

I have a '00 Silverado. I don't know how much different the '09 is but for mine the procedure went like this: 1. Get 7mm socket w/ extension to remove 7mm bolt from the door towards the back of the pull handle. 2. Use a flat blade to lever up the inside of the button panel and release it from the vertical keepers. 3. This reveals another 7mm bolt that needs to come out. 4. There's a push-in bit of plastic around the open handle. Use a flat blade at the back to get this loose. 5. Pick the whole thing up, then out. The remaining bits that hold the door are an upside-down L shape. 6. I left all the electronics attached but if you actually need to take it all the way off disconnecting the switches should be trivial at this point. When replacing the door panel the lock slider just pushes out (towards the "inside" of the door). Once you have the main panel back in place you can easily push the slider back in. Just make sure it's in the right position so the door lock push rod goes back in the right place. P-)