2001 Honda Passport with the reduced power light and check engine light on!

Mom2Dano
45

Asked by Mom2Dano Feb 04, 2013 at 12:39 AM about the 2001 Honda Passport

2001 Honda Passport with the reduced power light and check engine light on! Can't get the car o go over 30 mph. It threw out 2 codes for the TPS and Accelerator Sensor and I have changed both of those parts. Fixed it for about 40 miles and then the lights came back on and the car lost power again. Anyone know what the problem could  be?

Gerald11111
45

yes the transmistion

45,785

Get the codes read again. The numbers may have changed since you installed new parts.

DavidH25

You are in "limp mode" to protect the engine. it is intentional on the car's part... get to a transmission shop like now "reduced power" does not mean it's not putting out enough, it means the computer has intentionally reduced power

Mom2Dano
45

I checked the codes again and they are the same codes that it initially put out. I was told by a mechanic that it was faulty wiring, but checked all the wiring and no problem. Was told by another that it was the TPS, but replaced the TPS and still nothing. Was told by another mechanic that I may need a throttle body. Do you think that would be it? I would just hate to replace it and spend all that money to have it not be the problem. Seeing as how I've done everything told and still hasn't worked.