4x4 98 Jimmy

sandtri
0

Asked by sandtri Jan 18, 2009 at 04:26 PM about the 1998 GMC Jimmy

the 4wd won't work and we have already ruled out the dash switch. we have a new servo to try and can't get the old one off. what about the vacuum lines I hear about? Where are they? How do I get at them?
We have lots of snow (northern Alberta)- help!

Robert Matheson
845

your 98 jimmy does not have the suspect vacuum lines that the older ones had. Yousr will have a transfercase control module located on the passenger side at the lower kick panel. remove the kick panel and inspect the connector on the control module. due to the location of the module, they are suspect to moisture issues and having corroded connectors. i've included a pic to show here it is.

Jeff Cameron
175

some models (like the s-10) cause a vacuum in the transfer case causing the front differential to lock, i believe under the pasenger side of the hood there should be a T type fitting two smaller nipples and one larger, with hoses going to it, inspect, if it is broken.. at most local parts stores you can buy a universal T fitting that you cut off to the size of the hose, i believe this is the problem your having.. although it could be something else.. this is a common problem i have seen being a mechanic