My drivers side rear door will not open from the outside. Inside ok. How do I repair?

Floridagerry
0

Asked by Floridagerry Aug 18, 2012 at 02:36 PM about the 1986 Lincoln Town Car

the outside handle will not open the back door. I took inside panel off and it appears that the rod from
the outside handle has broken the plastic clip that held it in place. I am unable to find a way to put the
lever back into the hole and secure it. Help

Colin Rivet
2,205

you can get those clips at any ford dealer or bodyshop.last time i bougt one was a few years back but it was around 2$.

Floridagerry
0

The problem is that the lift rod has come out of the latch plate and there is not enough room to push it back into the hole. Do I need to remove the latch mechanism to repair?