which fuse if for the horn and radio?

Javell
0

Asked by Javell Jan 17, 2007 at 07:00 PM about the 1988 Chevrolet Celebrity

i have a 1988 chevy celebirty and i can't figure out which fuse to replace for the horn and radio and the cover with the diagram to tell me is missing?

LouB
11,600

Javell, I couldn't find a diagram for your celebrity on the web. You can try your local library to see if they have a Chilton's for your model year, but the shorter route is for you to just call your local Chevy dealer and ask the question. The shortest route of them all may be to start pulling fuses (one at a time) to see which fuses are bad. It's not slick but it will get the job done. Good luck!

TheOTHERmaninblack
10

Found the relay on the 1987! soulless #@$!!# who designed it was tricksy. Pull the lower dash cover. Pull the bracket that holds the computer diagnostic hookup socket. slide it out of the way (I tucked it up under the steering column because it kept dropping into my eyes. three screws hold a black "sound deadener" panel with a pattern of holes in it to the dashboard just directly to the left (facing forward) of the steering column. The horn relay and the key in ignition alarm. are stuck into this thing. There are also three fat wiring harnesses floating around in this area that will keep anybody with wrists larger than a supermodel from reaching up in there. I pulled the whole panel clear and was able to winkle the old relay out and the new one in. Hope this helps

Jeremy Ballreich
55

i have an '88 Celebrity the fuse is a 25 amp. it is the one marked lighter. If it is not marked it 2nd up from the bottom closest to passenger side of fuse box.