2000 Ford Focus Stalls

Jayfreeze360
50

Asked by Jayfreeze360 Aug 31, 2013 at 06:43 PM about the 2000 Ford Focus

I recently repaired my Mass Air Flow Sensor, Idle Air Control Valve, Alternator, Ignition Coil, Battery. Still my car is stalling out on, it is usually at a red light or when in park. It seems like when the motor gets to hot it just gives out or something? I have never had the problem before, the car has 137,000 miles. Is this problem even fixable? Or should I let her go?

68,095

You can fix it, just know what to replace instead of throwing parts at it. Sometimes it can be the idle control valve or IAC. If you want you can also have a mechanic diagnose your issue and repair, far less expensive than purchasing a new car.

Jayfreeze360
50

Is it ok to replace a throttle position sensor on a 2000 Ford Focus? I mean I want to replace mine but people have been talking about it being pointless in doing, is that true?