Engines

Bradthebrat
0

Asked by Bradthebrat Oct 07, 2010 at 12:21 AM about the 1990 Daihatsu Rocky

I have a Rocky SX with a 1.6 and I think the engine is blown. My question is does anyone one know of a website to find a crate motor? Also if I can't get a crate motor does anyone know if you can interchange the 1.6 with any other engines with the least amont of problems. I had heard that a Toyota 22R engine would work, any truth to this?

papa

no,you will have to go back with what is in it.what makes you think it is blown.

catriz
0

did you find a dealer for your engine?

daihatsurockypartsnorthwest
95

Unfortunately, Papa is right. There are no other makes of engines that will mate up to the Rocky transmissions. Those folks who have put a 22R engine in have included the transmission and transfer case.

dgolicho
0

hi, same problem. did you ever figure it out?

Elvis Tek
15

first make sure is blown, second ,you can ask in Toyota dealer the are the oly one who can help you with any thing related to Daihatsu ...