idle air control valve

petsetter23
0

Asked by petsetter23 Feb 27, 2007 at 08:38 AM about the 1998 Dodge Dakota

location for the idle air control valve

bovan
10,270

Dear petsetter23-- The last time I looked the idle air control valve on the 1998 Dodge Dakota was located in the upper engine area, just in fron of the throttle valve assembly. Good luck from Bovan.

Emmett
20

I believe it is on the back of the carb, right in front of the firewall. At least it is on my 1999 dakota

Calen Weed
245

Its on the back of your throttle body your truck does not have a carb. 27 torques should take the screws out.

Justin Doucette
1,595

Calen is correct..... be sure not to move the plunger on it when you remove/re-install

1MOPARMAN
70

ALL 1988-92 IAC VALVES ARE JUST BELOW THE THROTTLE BODY TOP COVER & DIRECTLY BEHIND THE TB-JUST IN FRONT OF THE DIST.

kingtuna
5

REMOVE THROTTLE BODY AND CLEAN IT REPLACE THE THROTTLE BODY GASKET REPLACE THE SMALL/SHORT VACUUM HOSE REINSTALL THROTTLE BODY, WITH NEW GASKET AND VACUUM HOSE

Ariesmacaw
30

Anyone know Where the IAC Valve is on a 1987 Dodge Dakota V6, single barrel Carb?

1MOPARMAN
70

LOOK ON THE BACK SIDE OF THE THROTTLE BODY-IN FRONT OF THE DISTRIBUTOR. THERE IS A 2-WIRE CONNECTOR THAT HAS TO BE REMOVED BEFORE CHANGING. THANX

Ariesmacaw
30

Ok heres whats going on. My dad changed all pkugs, wires, distb cap and rotor. He took the 1987 dodge dakota for a test drive. It is idling great. Got its power back, going up and down hills again. Only problem is if hits a stop sign/light, she idles great. When he hits the gas, she stalls out, he throws it into neautral and she kicks overand goes. If he feathers the gas sliwly, she wants to stall but she most of the times pulls herself out of the stall. Still an IAC need cleaned?

1MOPARMAN
70

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THE FUEL FILTER WAS CHANGED? NOT SAYING THERE COULD BE A PROBLEM W/IT, BUT...THESE ARE SYMPTOMS OF A CLOGGED FILTER. AT STOP/STOP & GO TRAFFIC...A FILTER GOING BAD WILL AFFECT THE PERFORMANCE. THANX

Ariesmacaw
30

When we bought it two months ago the stalling was bad. My dad said change fuel filter first. We did for 2 months she ran beautifully. She started up again 2 weeks ago, so we bought another and changed it. She was still stalling. Then got to a point she would idle hard and not kick over. Or stay out of a stall. Thats why my dad just did a tune up. She doesnt stall out right after turn on ni more, and her idle is beautful. He alsi tested the fuel pump the way the internet told us to. Its working. Its jsut doing that little stall issue. Could it be a clog in the line that just needs worked out then? Last time for 2-3 days after change then she worked.

1MOPARMAN
70

ONE OTHER THOUGHT: WALL MART HAS A FUEL INJECTOR CLEAN JOB FOR ABOUT $20. THE ROUGHT IDLING/STALLING COULD BE FROM FI MISFIRING/NO FUEL ON PULSE/NOT SPRAYING FROM BEING CLOGGED. THIS IS ANOTHER ISSUE WITH CARS/TRUCKS THIS OLD. I H AVE A '92 DAKOTA. I HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS...REPLACED THE IAC-NO CHANGE. ..REPLACED THE FILTER...SOME CHANGE, BUT NOT PERFECT. I TOOK IT TO WM. THEY DID THE CLEAN. IT RUNS GREAT NOW-NO STALL. I DO HAVE-FROM TIME-TO -TIME-A HESITATION ON START IN DRIVE WHEN COLD. IT NOW IDLES REAL ROUGH, BUT...THE SIDE-EFFECTS ARE ACCEPTABLE.