will a cosworth vega head bolt directly onto a stock 2.3L block?

vega77
0

Asked by vega77 Aug 07, 2012 at 01:36 PM about the 1977 Chevrolet Vega

I own a 1977 vega...interested in cosworth head

Golf25Radioman
105

The blocks are the same basic design, so yes it would bolt up. But you couldn't run the cam off the stock pulley. The 140 pistons are a lot different too. Some do use the 140 pistons in certain configurations but it requires correct parts and clearance checking. You'd be better off trying to find a complete engine and wiring if you wanted to put a Cosworth engine in. The Fuel Injection requires a lot of special items too.