Severe Transmission Fluid Leak

JohnBarJB
305

Asked by JohnBarJB Nov 13, 2012 at 01:17 PM about the 1993 GMC Sierra C/K 1500

I have a pretty good transmission fluid leak and would like to know if you guys can assist me with
fixing it. I had the pan gasket changed and that did not help the issue. I have uploaded a video
showing the leak, please check it out and let me know some troubleshooting ideas. LINK:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQqfVfvsQQc

Thanks in advance

17,525

So it becomes more severe when the vehicle is running? Definite shame on him for being dumb enough to ignore that fact. A leaking transmission pan gasket doesn't get worse or better when the vehicle is running. It stays the same due to the fact that trans fluid sits above the gasket at all times unless of course the fluid is low. I would agree with the pump gasket or more likely the main seal possibly being bad but I would first get the under side really really clean then put some U.V. leak detector in the trans fluid. Let it run for a minute with the cooling fan removed so it doesn't blow everything everywhere. Grab the U.V. light and play C.S.I. looking for evidence of where its leaking.

dozer1634
15

check the front seal that might be the problem.