Does the bed on a 1964 c10 stepside disassemble in individual pieces?

Asked by nolesc10 Jul 10, 2012 at 10:38 PM about the 1964 Chevrolet C10

I am removing the bed on my 64 stepside by individual pieces. I have the sides staged for removal. However, the tailgate support or crossmember appears to be one piece or welded to the the bed side. Is this correct? Everything thus far is bolted together.  

Yes, Unless Previous Owners Welded I have a 1964 I am Finishing Right now and will be starting my 1965 C30 1 ton next. Fun Fun!