2002 pt cruiser will not run new timing belt ,cam ,cranksensors no coil firing new battery rebuilt pcm new map sensor need help

verna
50

Asked by verna Mar 13, 2013 at 10:18 PM about the 2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser

7jimmy7
13,025

this wouldent be a security issue would it?

verna
50

2002 pt cruiser after new timming belt it ran for 3 days

judge_roy

whoa--7jimmy7, thanks for reminding us, check the onboard diagnostics, obi-wan kenobi ...er um OBD-3 to get a report on what in the hell is going on here.

judge_roy

did it ever occur to you that the timing belt was flawless and you simply burned an ignition resistor or maybe an ignition relay there~?

judge_roy

OBD-II scanner and you can do it yourself~

judge_roy

we will figure this out.~

judge_roy

in terms of difficulty...I'd put this job at a 10---five hours of disassembly even before you get to it...my heart goes out to you---problem with the timing belt means another five hours disassembly....yeeesh~

judge_roy

the basics, air, fuel, spark, timing....and valve timing...go down this list to see what it's not doing properly...could be a coil pack, could be a relay...just need more data for what is failing~

charles_erika
70

I have the same issue. Had a blown head gasket. so I figured while I had everything torn apart, I would go ahead and replace the timing belt and water pump. The head was take to the shop and milled. when everything was put back together the car started right up. drove it miles down the road and it died. I am getting no fire thru the plug wires. After messing with it for a while we discovered that if i unhook the cam sensor, the car will start but runs terribly. If you plug the cam sensor back in while it is running, it kills the engine instantly. I bought a new cam sensor and it does the same thing. the timing has been checked 3 times and is set correctly.

7jimmy7
13,025

Now that's a real challenge ! what's up with that? unless a fluke, Ill research for if any possibility's very interesting .

judge_roy

OBD-II kenobi time~use the force verna.....or your scan tool~

7jimmy7
13,025

the prom needs a flash to adjust, unhook bat, rehook otherwise a scan tool needed to adjust synchronization