What is draining the battery?

vtrippett
0

Asked by vtrippett Jan 18, 2013 at 09:51 PM about the 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser

I have a 2003 PT Cruiser with a Turbo Engine. After my mechanic put on new hose for AC, the battery keeps dying. I had the battery and the alternator checked, both are good. I have to keep getting the car jumped to start. We know something is draining the battery but my mechanic can't seem to find the problem. The car was driving perfectly before he put in the AC hose. Another mechanic also noted that the positive cable was hot.

Ben Hansen
45

have you checked the battery cells? usually if the battery dies and has been left dead for a period of time it can kill the battery... saying that if the cells are dry or the cores of the cells are fused together it wont charge, in tern causing the live cable to get hot.. i would just get the battery double checked as i have seen this before and that was the culprit.

jose123456
0

my 03 pt was doing the something,, i clean all terminals new batery and nothing happen, i know the alternetor is good i check it with the voltimeter and it gives 14 volts on running the soon i turn the car off i can see the voltage from batery dropping, so after checking here and there a found a gps divece under de driving wheel i cut off de wires and no more problems