where is fuel filter in 2005 deville

Tinkey
0

Asked by Tinkey Oct 17, 2012 at 09:35 AM about the 2005 Cadillac DeVille

need to change fuel filter in 2005 deville

John Leone
4,365

well if you crawl under the car, drivers side, about where the doors meet, you will see a frame rail, you will see the fuel tank, if you start at the tank, and follow the lines toward the engine along the rail, you will come to see it. if you don't find a shiny cylinder thing with wires and a hose going to,from it, message me...

14,885

Why does the fuel filter have wires going to it?

John Leone
4,365

you know caddy? I have owned 4 and worked for Gm and depending the package there are WIRES!!!!! that happen to be fastened to the bracket housing the filter(or run along it) on 03-05 deville!!!!!!!!!!!!

14,885

Running past or along it sure but not to it. And they wont be visible unless the plastic is pulled back from them. You have to remember these people aren't mechanics and when you say running to it they may look past the filter thinking yea its round and metallic but no wires here. Just attempting to help prevent you from headaches in the future due to someone misinterpreting what your saying. This site is also filled with questions from people who don't know English very well and what you say is taken very literally.

John Leone
4,365

very true, it is easy to forget such things