Loud Rattling in 05 Chevy Optra?

jdc88
0

Asked by jdc88 Oct 06, 2012 at 12:11 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Optra

About 2 weeks ago, my car started making a loud rattling noise, that can be heard inside the car when idling.  Can't really here it when driving and the engine itself doesn't seem to be too loud.  When I open the hood and listen, it seems to be coming from the left of the engine, but it is not the belt located there.  My cousin said it might be the power steering pump bearings, but Im not sure.

TupeloMS
510

alternator bearings? power steering if the noise changes when you turn the wheel