when driving under 60 kms and then slowing down the transmission bucks at about 40 kms. anyone know why?

kbeattie
0

Asked by kbeattie Oct 18, 2011 at 09:20 PM about the 2005 Chevrolet Optra

Janis McConnery
35

Sounds like the car is shifting down to 2nd

kbeattie
0

thanks for the response. I figured, but its not smooth at all. R Optras known for transmissiom problems? We had it in the shop twice. The mechanics can feel the clunk as it downshifts, but cannot figure out why. They've done about every test possible. Only step left is to take apart the transmission

Sandy1963
10

My daughter's does the same thing!!! We bought the car 3 years ago....and every time we took it to the mechanic...it wouldn't do it. So we just left it.....and the car runs not too bad except for the clunking when we slow down to go around corners.

Janis McConnery
35

Once I had a friend who's car had this kick that you could feel at certain times. Turned out that some bracket holding the motor in was rusted and broke off and the motor was able to tilt but still held on well. That tilt was enough to shake the car and that it be felt going at the speed of second gear.

papa

bad lock out in tourk converter.

kbeattie
0

the car has done it at the mechanics, but he still can't figure it out. does your car have a "hold" button? I turned it on and drove for a bit and for 2 weeks, it hasn't "clunked". However it has started again

papa

why bother.what do you think the hold button is for,lock out in tourk converter.

Sandy1963
10

it's funny that you mention the "hold" button. I have been borrowing my daughter's car this week....and the hold button came on yesterday! it kept flashing on the dash and every time i put the gas on it would go really slow but once it got going..it would go the normal speed...but every time i stopped at a stop sign or stop light it would putter until i got up to a good speed. i kept trying to shut the button off....but it wouldn't work...then when i re-started the car....the button had turned off. i read about it in the manual....and there is a reason for the button....can't remember what it said.....but it was frustrating. also....have you ever had problems with the driver's side window? we try not to use it as sometimes it won't go back up....it has been like that since she bought it.

papa

Again,bad lockout in tourk converter,as for your window,the regulator is going bad,can replace it with one out of a wrecked one.

Sandy1963
10

ok thx :)