took out stock radio put in din radio in 2002 ford escape now my dome lights and radio do not work plus noticed a delay in window rolling down when first starting escape... any suggestions

lynnfreemyer
0

Asked by lynnfreemyer May 05, 2013 at 06:45 PM about the 2002 Ford Escape

18,365

Check your connections see if you connected something wrong

Jackie Wilson
255

Factory radios use CAN(Controller Area Network), which is a data network connected to vehicle sub systems.Aftermarket radios do not use CAN. If you've shorted or accidentally connected to the CAN bus, you could be causing noise on the bus that interferes with body controller functions such as windows or dome lights. Double check all of your radio connections and make sure that the original connecting harness is not shorted. So basically, it's what @kbro said, except in more detail. Best wishes! -Jackie