i am getting a 73 ltd an was wondering is the grill interchangeable with a galaxie 500 or a 72 ltd or something like that an if so any suggestions on how to get that grille an what all would i need

Asked by redhead22 Jun 18, 2011 at 02:54 AM about the 1973 Ford LTD

72 grill should be same as 73.what is it you feel you would need.

Jay Cannaday

72s were totally different in the sheetmetal from the 73's and 74's. Those two will interchange without any difficulty, but to swap a 72 grille onto a 73 would necessitate changing the entire front header, if not the whole front clip. A 75-78 front clip will bolt right onto a 73 or 74 full sized Ford and it actually looks like it belongs (my neighbors have a 74 with a 77 front end on it).

Well I'm about to get a 73 ltd an the price for the mileage on the motor alone is a steal buh I looked up the galaxies an 72's an dey were so much more sicker an this car is going to be a project so if possibly I would want to do it so if I find a junkyard 72 or galixie I can't switch out the front ends ?