fix the suspension back to normal

Ørjan Nautnes

Asked by Ørjan Aug 27, 2008 at 11:30 AM about the 1983 Delorean DMC-12

i've read that the suspension on the deloreans were made based on lotus espirit, but the US goverment changet the minimum of bumper height, so delorean had to make the car higher than it was designed for, this adversed the handling and driving-skills of the car real bad. however i wondered how to make the suspension-system back to how it should be.

Chris Wade

keep it the same way it is dont change it its a classic now so they wont ask any questions

Chris Burns

There is a Eibach performance suspension availble for the Delorean from Delorean motor company. It lowers the height and give it the handling abilities of a Ferrari.

Chase Clark

Many people have lowered the suspension back to its original design specs. Basically I think it just requires replacing the coil springs and perhaps the shock absorbers, but am not positive about that. I had a lowered model myself years ago and thought it handled as well as any British car I'd ever owned or driven, which is saying a lot as I think British cars have the best handling of any car in the world.