2011 Ford F-150 User Reviews

2011 Ford F-150 Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2011 Ford F-150 against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

2011 Ford F-150 vs:

Have you driven a 2011 Ford F-150?
    Rank this car

Displaying 1 - 10 of 28 2011 Ford F-150 reviews.

says:
    I bought the 2011 ford xlt from South Point Honda in Tulsa. I got it at a comparable price to the others.
    F-150

Looking for a Used F-150 in your area?

CarGurus has 196,206 nationwide F-150 listings starting at $1,500.

Best in performance
    says:
    Power Ranked 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 worse.
    "I was a little skeptical at first about the v-6 ecoboost. but after driving it and comparing to my brothers dodge it pulled trailers more effectively than the dodge. Engine braking was also a big plus pulling in the mountains."
    Family Car Ranked 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 worse.
    "More room in the back seat. 6 inches between carseats keeps my 3 kids from fighting."
    says:
    Back Seats Ranked 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 worse.
    "There is significantly more room in the back of the F150. Seats also provide more support and are comfortable."
    Cargo Capacity Ranked 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 worse.
    "The payload capacity of the F150 surpasses the Silverado."
    2011 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCab Review
    Overall:

Love The Sound Of The Truck Exhaust Note On Acceleration. — 2011 FORD F150 5.0L V8 32V F/I SMPI The 5.0 V-8 has a Six-Speed automatic power-train. The 6-speed 6R80 transmission SelectShift Automatic progressive range select and manual electric shift mode is a great combination especially for mountain or hill driving when you need to remain in the same gear on windy roads or downgrades. 4-Wheel Disc brakes provide good stopping power. The interior is well appointed with grey fabric (which I really like) . The design and look of the dash and gauges is set up for good ergonomic interaction. It puzzles me why the interior stylists place so much chrome trim in the interior when it can reflect sunlight into your eyes. Is there glare-absorbing chrome out there? I have driven this truck in the mountains and on two-lane country roads. It has great engine power, balance, and handling if you push it. I feel very safe driving this truck.

Primary Use: Utility (towing boats, transporting cargo, etc.)

Pros: The thing I like the most about my F-150 is the 5.0-liter four-valve dual-overhead-camshaft Ti-VCT V8.  It has360 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and 380 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,250 rpmĀ· I has good fuel economy for a truck and is Best-in-class with 9,800 pounds maximum trailer tow.
    The back seat is comfortable enough for medium length trips of two to three hours for adult to not cramp up, and for kids (well, they're kids, they have to adapt).
    The  XLT features chrome exterior trim (including the grille), an upgraded cloth interior, cruise control, and full power accessories.
    Most of all it very comfortable and has height-adjustable brake and gas peddles to further accommodate the driving position.  The cab is comfortable and well appointed.
    The basic information center has enough techie information and settings for those who like to use their time programming stuff.
    The truck bed is deep and even though I have not had a bed-cover on my previous trucks I like this one as it keep things out of sight, dry, and still pretty accessible.  If I need to move a refrigerator; I can take it off.  The cover might actually help with fuel mileage on the highway (at 23+/-mpg) , but not around town where I get about 12.6 mpg average.
    A very nice 2WD Truck with a comfortable ride, and great freeway mileage
    Excellent A/C, Heat and Vent system. The round dash vents are a most clever design with the capability of 360 degree rotation and positioning.
    Key F-150 options include the SFE (superior fuel economy) package that's available on both the 2WD SuperCrew XL and XLTs with the 4.6-liter high-output V8. The SFE package includes the 5.5-foot bed, a 3.15:1 rear axle ratio and low-rolling-resistance tires.
    This truck provides reliable, shop-free service for me. I bought it used with 60,000 proven  miles on it and I do my own basic maintenance.

Cons: 1.  Perhaps the factory wheels could be a more standard size as the 17 inch wheel limits the tire choices, although the Dunlops are a great addition for replacement

2. This is the only complaint I have about the mechanics of the vehicle. It is documented in plenty of online forums going back a few years, so it is puzzling why the FORD engineers haven't  gotten to remedying the problem.  Otherwise the F-150 is a 21st century technical marvel! The drive shaft is a two-piece construct.  They are known to become lubrication dry in the yoke where the two driveshaft splines mesh, after so many miles in service;   The driveshaft is designed to move slightly back and forth, and when the Poly-lube drys out the inside yoke of the shaft will stick due to tension and then it releases with a 'bump' (or slap)  that you can feel through the vehicle, and upon the vehicle stopping and starting to go again it 'resets it's position with the bump.
    Is it harmful to the drive-train? Probably not, and Ford does know about the fix in the form of a kit you can buy at the dealer, with the lube, rubber boot and calmps, to re-lube the splines.
    If you are under warranty, the dealer should do the re-lube for free.
    3. The transmission is a bit sensitive to slower parking lot speeds, tending to shift into 2nd gear, as it senses a 'lift-throttle event' as the time to up-shift.  Sometimes I place it in manual mode to remain in 1st gear to avoid SelectShift's confusion.

2011 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew Review
    Overall:

Great Truck For Truck Lovers — Roomy vehicle and great for long trips . Looks great and handles well. Sync makes listening to iTunes music a breeze so you don't have to get tired of talkative djs. Love my new toyo open country tires because they add a tough look to the truck instead of factory tires.

Pros: Roomy, rides great, gets the job done

Cons: Factory Michelin tires were not good, replaced them and truck looks and rides much better

2011 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew Review
    Interior Noise:
    Long Trips:
    Visibility:
    Overall:

Awesome Vehicle — I love my ford f-150 lariate, beautiful, extra comfortable, roomy. Ford makes the best looking truck anywhere. I would recommend this vehicle to everyone, especially if you have a large family or members of the family are especially tall.

Pros: Roomy, great visibility, comfort A-1, looks great, better than expected gas mileage

Cons: Big step up to get in, 18-20 mpg,

2011 Ford F-150 FX4 SuperCrew 4WD Review
    Overall:

I Love This Truck! — I got my first F-150 in 2009 when the body style was changed. I loved that one and decided I will always have the 150's as long as they don't change too much. The power is incredible, the room in the back makes it so I can have the drivers seat all the way back and everybody has plenty of leg room!

Pros: This truck can do it all! I love the power of the Eco-Boost. Doesn't really get much better MPGS than the 8 but its not terrible. Very comfortable.

Cons: Kind of a quiet start for me. I like a truck to sound like a truck and make the pictures on the wall rumbler.

2011 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4WD Review
    Overall:

Very Nice Ride! — 5.0 liter has plenty of power, 6 speed shifts early and really gets me rolling.Long wheel base and performance suspension rides nice and smooth.The race red paint,chrome step bars, and 18" chrome wheels makes for some real eye candy!

Pros: I'm 6'2" tall this truck has plenty of leg room. The power seat helps fine tune my sitting position and maintain posture support.

Cons: The price of gasoline.

2011 Ford F-150 FX2 SuperCab Review
    Overall:

Love It — A 7,500lb pick up doing the 1/4 mile in 14 seconds with tires that have over 70,000km of use on them is amazing to me. This truck handles really well too. The brakes never seem to fade. The it tows really well too. Really fun to drive, really easy to drive. Not bad for a truck on gas. Not bad for maintenance either. 80,000 km on the original brakes still has about 40% left. I love the look and the quality.

Pros: Powerful, stylish, trendsetter, useful

Cons: Gas, backseat space I should have went for the super crew cab

Displaying 1 - 10 of 28 2011 Ford F-150 reviews.

2015 Ford F-150 Reviews

Amazing By mbays82

This is an amazing truck, I honestly am so glad I got a 2015! The new design and features are so great. This is the best purchase I have ever made. The F series has been totally redesigned and I can't... Read More

2014 Ford F-150 Reviews

Great Reliable Truck! By minic00

Reliable truck that meets the needs of any truck buyer. With strong lines, this truck is dependable, has great stability, power, spacious design, with great handling. I have zero negative feelings o... Read More

Overall The Best Truck I Have Owned And Driven. By SJ6863

If you are looking for a truck that feels like a truck and not an SUV I would choose the F-150. I have driven the Ram 1500 and Nissan Titan, and both feel like an SUV. What I mean by having an SUV fee... Read More

2013 Ford F-150 Reviews

Excellent So Far After 14,000 Miles. By Tomc130

Excellent riding vehicle-Cadillac smooth and quiet. Excellent leg room for back seats. No transmission hump in back floorboard. Can fold up backseats and comfortably sleep on floor-lots of room. M... Read More

Great Truck By kthrash

I like the looks, room, power, towing capabilities and it fits in my garage where a F250 will not. Truck gets horrible gas mileage, enough so that I purchased a Subaru to drive on a daily basis, this... Read More

2012 Ford F-150 Reviews

Awesome By XEODGuy

The ecoboost engine is fantastic, lots of low end grunt, very smooth and effortless but, they should have come with a manual mode selection (different mapping) for better fuel economy. The 3.73 rear e... Read More

Good Allround Pickup By golfnut_bill

Good looking vechicle with plenty power and torgue. It has the 3.5l eco-boost and outshines my old 5.4L in both power and economy. The only thing I don't like is how low it is in the front end. I plan... Read More

2010 Ford F-150 Reviews

Great Overall Truck By tmorris187

just the gas milage is not great but could be worse outside of that it handles great and does the job for my family and myself. the handling of this truck is good and the cargo space is good for what ... Read More

Luxury Truck By Tim

Parking, sometimes is the only dislike, that being in a "tight" spaced parking garage. Such slots can be undesirable for many vehicles . Gas mileage is not the of the "savers of such" , however a l... Read More

Cars compared to 2011 Ford F-150People researching a 2011 Ford F-150 contacted a dealer about

F-150

Looking for a Used F-150 in your area?

CarGurus has 196,206 nationwide F-150 listings starting at $1,500.

Have you driven a 2011 Ford F-150?
    Rank your car →