2006 Ford Expedition User Reviews

2006 Ford Expedition Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2006 Ford Expedition against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

2006 Ford Expedition vs:

Have you driven a 2006 Ford Expedition?
    Rank this car

Displaying 1 - 10 of 22 2006 Ford Expedition reviews.

2006 Ford Expedition Review
    says:
    Liked my Expedition, was great for traveling with a big family having the third row seating, comfortable ride, and lots of power under the hood. I would buy another Expedition in the future.
    Back Seats Ranked 2006 Lincoln Navigator better.
    "Power third row seats, made it much nicer than manually having to lower and raise seating."
    Cargo Capacity Ranked 2006 Lincoln Navigator better.
    "Cargo area seems about the same size as the Ford Expedition, however raising and lowering the seats with power seating made it much nicer and easier. Second row seating collapses and raises up and out of the way, very easily in Navigator, the Expedition wasnt as easy with the handles to move the seating."
    Expedition

Looking for a Used Expedition in your area?

CarGurus has 19,208 nationwide Expedition listings starting at $1,750.

2006 Ford Expedition Review
    says:
    I just love it
    Overall:

Can't Beat A Ford — I have driven many different brand s of autos and the fords always seem to stand out in reliability and quality. I have been very happy with this vehicle and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a friend. Thanks for looking!

Pros: This vehicle has many pluses. It came with just about every option you could imagine in 2006. Great SUV, never had any major problems with it. I love the turning radius!

Cons: no real negitives

2006 Ford Expedition Limited Review
    Overall:

Large Luxury — Bought this car with high mileage, have put another 40k on it with no trouble whatsoever. I love it. Would recommend this year and trim level to anyone. It currently has 180k miles with no issues! Can't go wrong with this one.

Pros: Fully loaded, smooth ride and tons of room

Cons: None, I love it

2006 Ford Expedition XLS Review
    Overall:

Reliable / Safe / Solid — This truck has been a very safe choice for my wife and kids, great for all the sporting events large capacity to carry all of the sports gear. Can seat up to 8 very comfortably and has acceptable fuel economy on the freeway, not so good in the inner city streets. Has a V8 Engine with great acceleration and plenty of power.

Pros: Purchased this truck for my wife and it has been very reliable, Great long trip vehicle, maintenance cost over the last  7 years has been minimal, all regular scheduled tasks performed but other than that, tires and brakes were replaced recently.

Cons: Fuel, Over use can cost $100 in gas a week

2006 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Review
    Overall:

Great Family Car For Around Town — This car has been great for my growing family but now that my kids are getting older it's time to start commuting again - and this is not the car for a long drive to work. Sure, it's super comfy but the gas mileage is enough to kill any budget. Great for car pool and big families. Not a ton of storage space when there are lots of people in it.

Pros: Pack it with seven people and it's still comfortable. Lots of space. Lots of features.

Cons: Poor gas mileage. Not great for big family road trips - if you have seven people in it, the luggage has to go on the roof. Not a big deal. All of our repairs/updates seem to be slightly more expensive because it's an Eddie Bauer.

2006 Ford Expedition XLT Sport Review
    Overall:

Reliable — Its big like a truck yet drives like a car. Mileage stinks but its huge. It fits the whole family and has room for friends too. Does good off road and not bad on the highway either. I'd buy it again.

Pros: Roomy

Cons: Heavy

Overall:

Still Love The Spaciousness Of The Vehicle. — This is my second Expedition. This one doesnt have heated seats, this a must in Michigan. The power is phenomenal and the ride is priceless. This vehicle is great for every day work transportation, toting the kids to and fro and going out for a night on the town with the wifey!

Pros: The space and handling are tops for an SUV.

Cons: The dash seems far away and the gas mileage could use some work.

Overall:

Big Body — I bought his ride to use a family vehicle and also my main transportation. It has been awesome on the highway, we took it on a road trip to VA, last summer and the ride was great. Added 24" Chrome Rims, after marker radio. Also put a flowmaster to give it a little rumble.

Pros: Great family vehicle, plenty of room and great on the highway.

Cons: The biggest con is the cost of Gas is a killer. Also since I changed the radio the DVD player no longer works.

2006 Ford Expedition Limited Review
    Overall:

All In All , Thi Is A Great Truck And We Are Happy To Have Purchased It. — When we bought this truck, we were looking for a family friendly larger Suv. What we found in this truck, was that it was designed to be a good strong larger body style Suv and that it has many options to help it also be a family vehicle as well. The options in this truck were many. We would deff recomend this truck to anyone in the market.

Pros: This is a verry well built Suv with use in mind when it was designed.

Cons: Cant really think of any Neg. thought we have cocerning thi Suv.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 22 2006 Ford Expedition reviews.

2014 Ford Expedition Reviews

Great Family Suv By CBriers

This SUV has all the space and seating we were looking for. Great for a growing family as car seats take up a lot of space. We love the bench seat so we can sit next to the kids on long trips if we ... Read More

Leg Room For Miles, Great For Us Tall Peeps! By Pasley14

Still finding out new stuff and learning how to use all the options a few months later. Not sure if thats a good or bad thing lol. My kids love it! We went from the Tahoe LTZ to this we are extremel... Read More

2013 Ford Expedition Reviews

Great Family Car. By migration_chuckcloninger

Like the color, like the interior, good looking all around, very safe, very reliable and easy and fun to drive. It can haul with style everything 6 people need to take to the beach for the weekend. ... Read More

2012 Ford Expedition Reviews

Awesome! By MudBucket

Too soon to give a good review ,2 days of ownership. I will try to post back in a few months. So far it has met all expectations, 80k miles on it and everything is still feels nice and tight. Read More

Versatile Family Vehicle By Jacob42ATL

When our last Expedition bit the dust at only 120,000 miles due to a timing chain failure, we tried to downsize to another vehicle for better gas mileage but found that the interior room didn't meet o... Read More

2011 Ford Expedition Reviews

You Will Love Her By Gary

All I can say is "Awesome" great vehicle I Drive her 1000 miles a week and I have no complaints at all. It's my second one and I hightly recommend it. I had the Suburban before and the Ford is much mu... Read More

2010 Ford Expedition Reviews

Capable, Full-size Suv! By sharonu

We bought this car about a year ago and have enjoyed every minute of ownership. With it's powerful engine and 4-wheel drive, it is great in any weather. This vehicle is large enough for five adults to... Read More

This Car Is Amazing By Bethany

Love it! would reccomend it to anyone! I love fords! :) It has a great sterio system and has good build quality and ive never had any problems. It has a great number of seats perfect for family life.... Read More

Cars compared to 2006 Ford ExpeditionPeople researching a 2006 Ford Expedition contacted a dealer about

Expedition

Looking for a Used Expedition in your area?

CarGurus has 19,208 nationwide Expedition listings starting at $1,750.

Have you driven a 2006 Ford Expedition?
    Rank your car →