2006 Dodge Durango User Reviews

2006 Dodge Durango Top Comparisons

Users ranked 2006 Dodge Durango against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

2006 Dodge Durango vs:

Have you driven a 2006 Dodge Durango?

Displaying 1 - 10 of 22 2006 Dodge Durango reviews.

2006 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD Review
    Overall:
    14,185

A Good Family Vehicle — The Durango has been a fun vehicle for hauling the family and friends around, it seats up to 8 easily and has been our go-to SUV when it comes to getting people together. I've driven this in severe north eastern Ohio weather, a snow belt, with complete confidence. The 4 wheel drive and excellent steering and road handling capabilities has never let me down. Maintenance costs have been higher than with our Expedition and it has required more trips to the dealer for servicing. Overall however it has been a pleasure to own one.

Pros: Good handling, drives like a car and not a truck. Roomy interior, nice style. Lots of options available.

Cons: Maintenance issues, pricier parts than a Ford or Chevy. Towing capabilities lack.

Durango

Looking for a Used Durango in your area?

CarGurus has 20,688 nationwide Durango listings starting at $995.

2006 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD Review
    Overall:
    14,185

Recommended For A General Use Suv — Love the handling of the Durango. Much better than a Ford Explorer or Expedition or Chevy SUVs. Engine performance however is not as great, and maintenance costs are a factor. I have the 4.7 liter magnum, I think if I had the 5.7 L I'd have the perfect SUV.

Pros: Roomy, great interior and seats. Handles beautifully for such a large SUV. 4WD makes it a safe reliable car in the winter. Driver's sitting position and visibility is excellent.

Cons: Gas mileage is less than other SUVs.

Overall:

Outstanding — I love the Durango with the Hemi. The six with the trans it comes with just does not work. I got better mileage with the Hemi than I would have with the six cyl. It carried max'ed out loads and folks with ease. It wasn't so large that I felt I was docking a ship when I parallel parked it.

Pros: Hemi power is awesome.  Roomy and comfortable.  Great turning radius.  It handled my electric scooter on a lift in the rear very well, just bad handling in high winds and had to adjust for the lifted front end by lowering the lights to match it.  It tends to feel light it's floating in front, but I got used to that.

Cons: Mileage, but then again I wanted a Hemi.  It's worth it.

2006 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD Review
    Overall:

2006 Dodge Durago 4x4 Limited — We have owned this vehicle for 6 years and it has been a great vehicle. No major problems. The check engine light popped once in 6 years. The vehicle had great power while towing a 4000lbs boat. I would definitely purchase again.

Pros: The Hemi had great power while towing a 4,000lbs boat. Very reliable.

Cons: gas mileage

Overall:

It's Been An Awesome Vehicle For The Family With No Complaints — It has been a great vehicle to haul around the whole family. It wish it would have been better on gas but 15mpg city and 20mpg hwy is great for a vehicle of this size. Very reliable vehicle with minimal repair cost to date.

Pros: It fits seven people so it's a great family option car

Cons: Could be better on gas mileage

Overall:

Great Suv — love this vehicle. would recommend to anyone that needs third row seating. it drives very well and get ok gas mileage. mine does not have the V8. great car love mine but not always great when gas hits a spike.

Pros: plenty of space yet not as big as a the other third row seat vehicles

Cons: gas mileage.

2006 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD Review
    Overall:

It Would Pull Anything With Little Affect On Performance, And Was Fast And Comfortable. — I loved driving my Durango, it was smooth, POWERFUL, handled nice for an SUV and it got a lot of compliments. Mine had every option available so I was kind of spoiled by it. It even got about 20mpg average on the highway with the HEMI. I only had 2 complaints about it: The NAV system wouldn't let my wife make updates while I was driving, I know, a safety feature. And my other problem was the lack of storage for the 2nd row passengers, they had no place for their electronics or to store DVD's. (ok...a 3rd complaint: 2nd and 3rd row passengers wanted a kill switch for the subwoofer in the back!)

Primary Use: Utility (towing boats, transporting cargo, etc.)

Pros: This was our vacation vehicle because we were tired of mini-vans.  It almost worked.

Cons: My teens were ready for a mini-van again after 2 years of vacations in the Durango!

Overall:

Rides Nice, Comfortable, Safe. — Purchase new in 2006 was a dealer Demo car. 5.7L Hemi (4,6,8) AWD, leather, DVD, CD, Dual air, towing pkg. fairly well eqpt. This is my wife's daily ride, she picked it, she drives it. Runs good, fuel mileage a little lacking at 17 around town and 21 on the highway. Well built, comfortable, taken many trips to the beach in it. Plenty of power, will certainly get out of it's own way! Has the DVD player which is great for the kids 8 passenger seating lots of room. As with my other Dodges no repairs other than wear and tear items. Brakes tires etc.

Pros: Lots of room, pleanty of power.

Cons: Fuel mileage

Overall:

Loved My Durango — I loved my Durango, but I had a lot of problems with it. Remotes stopped working, sticking when you turned the key to start it, had warranty but Chrysler could NEVER fix it! It killed me to get rid of her, but I had no choice.

Pros: Looks and sounds tough!

Cons: Chrysler couldn't figure out how to fix it!

Overall:

Good To Have — excelent overall performance in all qualties. fun to drive. good fuel milage. plenty of storage space. room for 8 people. smooth ride. excelent handling.reasonable price to buy. it is a fun vehicle to drive. has a pertty good overall style to it.

Pros: overall performance

Cons: none

Displaying 1 - 10 of 22 2006 Dodge Durango reviews.

2015 Dodge Durango Reviews

N/a By lsalinas1234

I don't have any comments on this truck its really nice to drive smooth and not bounce and good seats comftible and good for family. drives like new on snow rainy streets mud good for racing runs abou... Read More

2014 Dodge Durango Reviews

The Is An Awesome Suv By mkstn

I would have to say this is the nicest SUV I have ever owned. Very comfortable to drive around town or on long trips. It gets very good mileage 20 city & up to 25 hwy with the 290 hp V6 and it will ... Read More

Good By imcm123

car is fun to drive in traffic - very spirited and lively, but only if you keep the transmission awake. The gas mileage is not Dodge claimed 25 MPG highway - we at best see 21 MPG highway, but then a... Read More

2013 Dodge Durango Reviews

Sporty, But Fun Family Vehicle! By lmckeag

It is a very fun, easy car to drive down the highway. The AWD works great. It's got the Hemi, so you have the power when you need it. It has every bell and whistle you could want. I love the sunroo... Read More

Really Impressive Vehicle By slipsett

Coming from a Suburban and a Yukon XL Denali, I was concerned about the smaller size, but it is really perfect - all the room you need but just smaller enough to not be a hassle to park, drive in traf... Read More

2012 Dodge Durango Reviews

Best Suv!! By Tallygirl67

Awesome vehicle for the big and tall family. Plenty of "pick up and go." Not a "boxy" looking vehicle. Roomy and plush. Stylish and dependable. Now my husband wants his own. Dodge Durango Crew... Read More

New Durango Is Sweet! By Deputydog336

Can bring the whole family with three rows, great fit and finish, great cargo capacity and towing capacity. Everyone together and towing my boat with Hemi power! It's hard to beat. Makes my old Dura... Read More

2011 Dodge Durango Reviews

Very Impressed With The Redesigned 2011 Dodge Durango By jpriceaub123

Our family was in the market for a SUV and were leaning towards the GMC Acadia, after reviewing several models online. We picked some models that we had interest in and set out to test drive each. W... Read More

Cars compared to 2006 Dodge DurangoPeople researching a 2006 Dodge Durango contacted a dealer about

Durango

Looking for a Used Durango in your area?

CarGurus has 20,688 nationwide Durango listings starting at $995.

Have you driven a 2006 Dodge Durango?