1988 Chevrolet Corvette User Reviews

1988 Chevrolet Corvette Top Comparisons

Users ranked 1988 Chevrolet Corvette against other cars which they drove/owned. Each ranking was based on 9 categories. Here is the summary of top rankings.

1988 Chevrolet Corvette vs:

Have you driven a 1988 Chevrolet Corvette?
    Rank this car

Displaying 1 - 10 of 14 1988 Chevrolet Corvette reviews.

Visibility:
    Overall:

Classic C4 — Absolutely loved this car when I was young, flexible and without family responsibilites. It's not the cars fault, it's age catching up with me. This car still performs like it did when it was new. Step on the gas and you're going fast. It's always handled well and is definitely fun to drive with the top off. Ride is typical of a Corvette. It's pretty much original and has been garaged for most of it's life, however, it's been a little neglected for the past 3 years. Hasn't been driven much and has been regelated to being parked on the driveway. It's time for Buddy M. to find a new home unfortunately.

Pros: Car handles well and is easy to park. Good fit for a short person, I'm only 5'2" and have no problems seeing out of it.  Still looks good after all these years.

Cons: Gas mileage not that great. There's a lot of engine noise into passenger compartment. It's not that easy to get in and out of.  Ride is typical of a Corvette.

Corvette

Looking for a Used Corvette in your area?

CarGurus has 17,983 nationwide Corvette listings starting at $2,995.

Overall:

Its A Great Car, Its Reliable, I've Only Had To Replace The Heads Once On It. Otherwise A Great Car. — performance- 1-60 mph in 4.2 seconds. Build Quality- One head change period since I got it. Appearance- White body color, white interior. Great condition. Leather seating. Cost of Ownership- 17 mpg. synthetic oil only, and premium gas only. Fun Factor- I would say this is probably the best car I've owned. I used it for racing the strips, and I also used it as an every day driving vehicle. Custom LS1. NOS. Hooker headers, magnaflow exhaust. Custom 88 Lingenfelter vette. Beautiful car.

Pros: Well, its sleek, its comfortable for one or either two people. I have it built for top performance and racing.

Cons: I hate that its an older model and that it doesn't look as great as the newer models, and that it won't ever have the performance capability as the newer Z06's or ZR1's.

Overall:

If You're A Car Guy, Or Gal, You Have To Own A Vette At Least Once In Your Life! — We picked this car up at a reasonable price as a father and son drivable project. This is how it looked when we got it. Runs well with a good tuneup, fluids, filters, tires, wheels, new white top, pumping stereo. Fun as hell to drive and draws a lot of attention at local shows. Even won a trophy already.

Pros: There's nothing like a ragtop Vette! The older the better!

Cons: Can't leave it parked unattended, not that we ever would!

Overall:

The Benchmark By Which All Other Cars Are Measured. — An absolutely stellar car. It looks great, performs spectacularly while still delivering a comfortable ride, gets great gas mileage(would you believe 31 mpg on the highway?!), is dead reliable, the body will never rust, and is entirely over-engineered. An American icon.

Pros: The cornering prowess.

Cons: You need more than two seats, and a laughably small cargo area.

Overall:

I Wouldnt Want Anything Else — its so good to be seated at the rear of the car when going sideways. its a head turner when cruising the coast on a hot summers day. i love it. with the shift kit its sweet when you puch it and it cherps every gear change.

Pros: its a corvette.. need i say more

Cons: the fuel it drinks.. forever filling her up

Overall:

My 1988 Convertible Corvette — My particular car is an 88 convertible with a 92-96 body kit. It has the 250 HP L98 engine which doesnt have as much power as the LT1, but has proven to be very reliable and trouble free even at 93,000 miles. I have driven this car from the middle of Germany to the South of France and back with no problems, so I rate the car very highly. It also attracts attention when its top is down which pleasantly surprised me.

Pros: looks

Cons: dated interior

Overall:

Best Out Of 3 Vettes I've Owned — I was 40 when I got my first vette - 79 T-top then an 84 coupe and finally the 88 convertible which also has the hard top for winter or bad weather. Though I like the wheel fenders better on the 79 - the 88 handles the best, seats are more confortable and still a joy to drive.

Owner for 12 years, 0 months

Miles Driven per Year:10,000

Pros: Great car

Cons: None I know of - mine has been great

Overall:

Not My Favorite Vette — I was looking at this car primarily for a project car, however was just too rough to really consider. The interior was shot and the paint was chipped off most of the exterior and the convertible top was trashed, however these were the things I was planning on working on, however, even the instrument cluster was about out, about 10 of the LEDs that made up the bar graph portion of the speedometer were out, as well as two of the ones in the numerical display. The automatic transmission though was what really made me decide not to purchase this car. If you really punched it off the line, the car pulled and shifted really well, but once you backed off a bit, the transmission left a bit to be desired as it would never really seem to be in the gear you wished it would be. Also, since it was a C4 Vette, its body shape was about the least attractive of all the Vettes (in my opinion at least.) At least it appeared that the engine would be easy to work on, as the hood was huge are revealed everything from the left tire to the right. All in all it would have made for a fun project but I am glad that I saved my money for something else instead.

Pros: Quick, handled decently and would have been fairly easy to work on.

Cons: Poor quality interior and frustrating digital dash, automatic transmission, really high
    asking price.

Overall:

Beautiful Car Just Sitting Still — Outstanding looker right from the factory. Any external modifications would ruin the look. Performance is lacking in the quarter mile but as a daily driver around town and on the interstate very comfortable and powerful. Excellent gas mileage (20-27 mpg)

Owner for 0 years, 6 months

Miles Driven per Year:2,000

Overall:

99 Out Of 100 For Likability . — The electronic dash cluster is a little on the annoying side . My gas gauge does only works when it feels like it, and my LCD's are sunburnt , but they cost a ton to repair .

Owner for 0 years, 1 months

Miles Driven per Year:3,000

Pros: Lot's of power in the 245 HP engine .

Cons: Electronic dash cluster .

Displaying 1 - 10 of 14 1988 Chevrolet Corvette reviews.

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Impressive Value By Kory

Sexy car, I do not stop hearing people voice their enthused opinions at me. Every red light is a chance to hear what the next guy has to say about this impressive car. The fuel economy mode is impecca... Read More

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Impressive By Haskins

This is the best car I've driven, and I've driven a lot of sports and luxury cars. This is hands down better than my $94,000 08 Viper. Drove the west coast from Washington down thru California and it ... Read More

All Muscle And So Much Fun To Drive! By ltippit

It's hard to say anything bad about this car! My first sports car could not have been a better fit! I have a need for speed and this was the perfect car for me! Things I love - heads up display, hi... Read More

2013 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Great By kennethford

I love everthing about my vette,stylethree color black the yellow brack pads and i put the car in a show an win a best in show for the frist, time and i`m 65 yours young and love it when i take it out... Read More

Best Car! By Acadia_128269

I love the ride, looks and handling! With the top down in the evenings, there is nothing like it! This is the perfect car for the Carolina's, drive year round! This is my 7th Corvette, but the first c... Read More

2012 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

I Love It, I Really Do, The Siblings Love It, So Im A Keeping It! By SHELBYFORLIFE

This car is a very fun car, it may be expensive, but she is my other women! she has always been there, she has always let me process my anger threw her pedals, and her gears. Her name is Treasure, for... Read More

I Am Extremely Impressed With The Car. By wilscaal

If looking for a performance car that is also a great daily driver, you can't beat this car. For a car with 430HP the mileage of 19-24MPG is excellent. Outstanding cargo capacity with the hatch rea... Read More

2011 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Best Non Aspirated Corvette By TooFast

What can I say, I really cannot say enough. This Z06/Z07 is equipped the same as the Carbon Edition with subtle differences in paint scheme and interior trim, however from a performance perspective th... Read More

Only Drivin To Car Shows By tashkentzoo

This is an outstanding example of a Grand Sport. The color which is Supersonic Blue draws your attention. In fact, I've been told it's one of the most attractive colors of that model year. I get a lot... Read More

Cars compared to 1988 Chevrolet CorvettePeople researching a 1988 Chevrolet Corvette contacted a dealer about

Corvette

Looking for a Used Corvette in your area?

CarGurus has 17,983 nationwide Corvette listings starting at $2,995.

Have you driven a 1988 Chevrolet Corvette?
    Rank your car →