6 Million unique visits a month
4 Millioncars processed a day
- Stock Options / 401(k)
- Health and Dental
- Commuter Benefits
- Health Club Membership
- Catered Lunches
- Flexible Hours
- Game Room
- Beer on Tap
With a top-floor space overlooking Harvard Square, we're not your typical office environment. No cubicles, a stocked kitchen, a game room, and minutes from dozens of great restaurants and public transportation. What's not to love?
Senior Java Developer
- Cambridge, MA
- 7+ years
- Bachelor's/Master's in CS
- Struts 2
- We don't write tech specs - we don't expect you to either.
- We work across the full stack - from database to UI.
- We push new code daily, and hold ourselves to our own coding standards.
- We brainstorm new ideas, throw them at the wall, and analyze data to determine what sticks.
- We're reshaping online car shopping just like our TripAdvisor experience revolutionized travel.
Join our Team
If you have experience with our development environment (or similar technologies), have a passion for code, and love the startup vibe (without the risk), we'd love to hear from you.
- Cambridge, MA
- 3+ years
CarGurus is looking for a highly-motivated UX designer to assist in shaping the visual design and user experience of CarGurus.com.
In this full-time role, you will be working directly with the Senior UX Designer and the engineering team in the creation of new features and the ongoing process of updating and unifying the visual design of CarGurus.com.
As a UX Designer, you will be involved in every step of the development cycle: from imagining new features to mockup wireframing and prototyping to pushing pixels and code.
- 3 or more years of experience in web UX/UI Design/Development
- Proficiency with Adobe Create Suite and/or equivalent media-design tools
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams
- Strong web design, layout, typography and iconography skills
- Ability to translate business and technical requirements into wireframes, artworks, or UX stories
- Proficiency with HTML5, CSS, and jQuery with proven coding and prototyping skills
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Exceptional communication skills, with a dedication to detail and consistency.
- Familiarity with source control systems (SVN and Git a plus)
- Experience with responsive design and email templates
- Experience with mobile design/development (particularly jQueryMobile/Phonegap/Appcelerator)
Dealership Sales/Account Manager
- Cambridge, MA
- 1+ years
- Bachelors Degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong sense of customer service
- Good organizational skills
- Strong Internal Motivation
- Sales Experience a Plus
- Industry Experience a Plus
This role will entail selling CarGurus advertising products and services to automotive dealerships across the United States. Candidates should be comfortable presenting CarGurus offerings and benefits as an inside sales representative (primarily over the phone and also via email). Additionally, candidates will be asked to maintain existing dealership accounts, following up with those dealerships to ensure CarGurus is meeting their business objectives.
As an inside sales position, it is critical that candidates be persuasive, self-starters and will be expected to manage your own time, set priorities and meet monthly goals.
CarGurus dealers have various concerns and questions about CarGurus so candidates will need to also wear a customer service hat and be able to listen and respond to dealers and solve their issues within a reasonable amount of time. In this role, candidates must also be comfortable conveying issues to the rest of the CarGurus organization. As such, candidates must bring strong analytic and presentation skills.
Technical Talent Acquisition
- Cambridge, MA
- 1+ years
- 1 or more years of recruiting experience in an agency, a search firm or equivalent experience
- Highly organized and able to function and adapt in a high demand and changing environment
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with our existing development team and candidates
Good at networking? Experienced at identifying technical talent? Tired of working at a "big company" where you are a cog in some larger machine? Come join us at CarGurus.
CarGurus is one of the top 15 most trafficked automotive research sites in the United States. Profitable and growing fast, CarGurus serves over 5 Million unique visitors a month and has been named to Inc. Magazine’s fastest growing companies list 2 years in a row.
Located in Harvard Square, CarGurus still has that "start-up feel" (we hate meetings, play lots of foozball, have catered company lunches, etc.) but seeing as we are profitable we don’t have to worry about running out of money or raising that next round of financing. Come join us as we look to change the way consumers shop for cars online.
In this full-time role you will work with our existing engineering department to increase the candidate pipeline through various means with the goal of hiring top notch engineers. Think you can make a difference at our company, come join us!
- Work closely with the Vice President of engineering to develop and execute sourcing strategies aimed at generating candidate flow to meet overall recruiting goals.
- Identify potential candidates through the use of online search tools, employment boards, social media and web sourcing.
- Cold call, email and qualify candidates.
- Organize recruiting events (coding challenges, cocktail receptions, etc) to attract development talent.
- Maintain a database to track candidates and provide weekly reporting to company management.
Contact: jobs at cargurus.com