My 1999 Honda Civic HX all of a sudden is making loud noises as if it is supped up like a race car, it jerks a little when the gears switch as if it is a stick shift but it's an automatic

Sabrina Loffredi
0

Asked by Sabrina Jul 13, 2014 at 01:54 AM about the 1999 Honda Civic HX Coupe

My 1999 Honda Civic HX all of a sudden is making loud noises as if it is supped up like a
race car, it jerks a little when the gears switch as if it is a stick shift but it's an automatic.
More importantly though, the loud noise is getting louder. what could it be? It sounds like
a buzzing race car basically.

70,145

Did this just start one morning after the car had been left unattended for a while? If so look under your car. Someone probably stole your cat converter. If not inspect exhaust piping from motor to back of car. You probably got a hole in it somewhere.

70,145

If it was stole and you have full coverage insurance they will most times cover the cost of replacing it.