Why does my 2000 Honda Civic Ex cut off every time I stop?

Jberrones
10

Asked by Jberrones Jul 17, 2013 at 01:49 AM about the 2000 Honda Civic EX Coupe

My 2000 honda civic overheated on me and turned off. I managed to restart it and pulled
into a gas station. I noticed my oil and fluid were low so I refilled them and let the car cool
down. After a few minutes I restarted it and headed home. At every stop it would cut off. I
thought it was the ignition module so I replaced it. It was a bad module but I still have the
same problem. I really need some help please?

Shane Cox
185

do you have any trouble code? if it were my car I would start with finding out why it over heated. since that does sound like the starting point to your cars problem. check fuel pressure,vacuum leaks, compression etc

Jberrones
10

So turns out I might have bent valves. Any idea on how much I can expect to pay to have this issue fixed?

Shane Cox
185

depends on the area you live in and the amount of damage. call some machine shops and tell them what happened and what you need they will give you prices. but if I were you id look into a replacement engine with low miles

Jberrones
10

turns out heads are cracked. what should I do?

Shane Cox
185

replace the engine. thats what i would do. other wise you can spend just as much getting a new used head and parts and labor and still have the same miles on your bottom end you should be able to find a replacement engine from a place for like 450 and then another few hundred on install

Jberrones
10

so and doing more research I realized it can be two things since radiator fluid is theme shooting

Jberrones
10

Sorry my phone is acting up. I was quick to jump to the conclusion that it was a crackhead but I've been informed it could also be a blown head gasket. I automatically assumed it was a crackhead because of the radiator fluid coming back through the radiator cap.

Shane Cox
185

oh no if its not cracked take the head off to be inspected and milled then if all is good put it back together