Changing the radio in Civic

Gosia Zembron
15

Asked by Gosia Dec 26, 2008 at 02:33 PM about the 2003 Honda Civic Si Hatchback

Hi, does anyone know how to remove the originally fitted radio in Honda?
I have a new radio and the fascia. Don't want to damage anything when I remove the old one.
Thanks in advance.
G

Ricky Defreitas
10

in my opinion id juat take it to a best buy or a place that does that stuff, thats wat i did and it worked out pretty fine didnt waste my own time and it was like $50 buck. if thats any help for you.

Gosia Zembron
15

thanks a lot, will need to find a similar place in the UK.

David Tang
85

Pop off clips, tabs, 10mm's, and phillips. I would also recommend a radio adapter harness. You don't NEED to but, i highly recommend it. hopefully the shop you take it too does not cut off your original manufacturer's radio harness as some shops do. make sure the shop uses an wiring harness.

Gosia Zembron
15

thanks

John Porter
95

yeah it should slide out of the orignal breadbasket in the dash but then agian that shouldn't take all that much to do like the person was saying ahead of me. i think all it takes is just a phillis head screwdriver. then of course you will probably have to make sure that the garage doesn't clip any part of your wireing harness that way then it should all work.