Installing Subwoofers, cd player, and amp.

grayber1
0

Asked by grayber1 Oct 05, 2008 at 09:57 PM about the 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD LT2 Crew Cab 2WD

How would I measure and mount a sub box, under or behind the rear bench seat?

Michael McGrail
4,575

If I am not mistaken, Crutchfield.com offers a subwoofer box designed to fit under the rear seat.

Adam Morgan
3,635

No offense mate but it's a truck... You kill sound quality with a subwoofer in that tiny of a place... Get better speakers with a good low end and a head unit to drive them... You'll get better sound quality without fucking up the sound imaging... But that's just me. If you're simply wanting loud then by all means a big ass 12 inch is the way to go... Just not my cup o' tea.

groveboi
0

Let me know how that goes because i have the same truck and im trying to install 2 12" audiobahns. Hard to find a box though

Chase Sutherland
3,335

go to jl audio and see if they have a stealth box for that truck instead of going with the audiobahns.

07denalicrewcab
0

A company called Atrend (atrendusa.com) is a good place to start. They make lots of custom gm truck enclosures. I just ordered a custom fit box for my 07 denali crew that fits under the rear seat, but it's for two 10s. You can find them at bestbuy, but I ordered mine from hookedontronics.com for about $80 total with shipping!

07denalicrewcab
0

You should double check, but I believe this would be a perfect fit for the truck you describe, for $75 with free shipping and no tax (link below)! For about $50 more you can get one coated in spray in bedliner material. You can also find these on bestbuy.com. http://www.hookedontronics.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=159787&brandtype=4549

potosino303
0

I have a 01 Silverado xcab with a custom box under the seat. sounds great had 2 p2s now upgraded to 2 Kickers its hard to fit 12s but 10"s will fit great.

Mexico07
25

SIMPLE... Get a harness for your deck...kills about 3 hours of work! plugs right into your new decks wires.... run RCA's and remote wire( blue long one)thru the right of your ride .run the pwoer wire from the baterry on the left( under the carpet) of your ride make a ground for the amp in the back. plug in deck to power wire and graound. connect speakers and remote wire and RCA's. ** in the back** conect ground to amp then the power, then remote wire and speakers in the box. you got it a full conection... this was done in 2 min ..so if i forgot anything it dosent matter

mtmonarch
195

I have a "PRO-BOX" in my '07 2500 HD Crew w/2-10" Kicker Comp. downfire sub's, there are several manufacturers of sub boxes out there. As far as speakers go, I really like my Kickers & remember...you buy cheese, you get cheese