Any problems with Ford's F-15 with Ecoboost

Silver00
0

Asked by Silver00 Mar 12, 2013 at 08:05 PM about the Ford E-150

How long dors the twin turbos last? Any reported problems?

14,185

I work at a ford dealer and have seen no problems from the turbos but then again none of the trucks i see have a bunch of miles on them. I wouldnt expect the turbos to have any issues over any other componet. They are cooled and lubricated by engine oil and also have coolant lines to them to keep them cool. As long as they stay well cooled and lubricated they will last as long as any other oiled componet. Thats if you plan on keeping the truck stock and not try to chip or get the turbos to produce more boost.

mrmoony
1,920

I don't like turbo's on a gas engine, too much heat. Inherent problems.

14,185

Diesel's produce much more heat than a gasoline engine. Ford turbos sit in the vally of the engine where there is a ton of heat just hangin out. They dont fail under normal conditions very often. As long as they are properly cooled and lubricated thats how they are designed to operate, by people who are much smater than you an I.