I am having trouble with the gear shift locking up on me while on driving. it usually will fix itself after a few minutes, but. Is it the clutch?

allisjames
0

Asked by allisjames May 31, 2012 at 10:06 AM about the Mazda Truck

My gear shift keeps locking up on me while driving. If I turn engine off it shifts. Turn back on, notta. It usually fixes itself after a few moments. Not sure it needs an adjustment or a new clutch. No one seems to know what is causing this. Just had my timing belt replaced a few months ago which helped, but the problem is back. Mazda p/u 1999, 2500.

Paul Wilson
565

First thing i would check is to make sure your slave cyl inst leaking. if it is the clutch wont fully engage and pull the vehicle out of gear. if not then there may be a larger issue with the clutch itself. many transmissions have a peephole access on the bell housing. i would find a small inspection camera and see if there is any visible damage to any of the parts of the clutch or pressure plate.