Timing Belt Failure

Asked by MalcieMort Jun 24, 2009 at 12:47 PM about the 1998 Vauxhall Corsa

Just wondering if any one knows if you can get lucky with a timing belt failure or do the valves get damaged every time. I've taken the cam off and tried the pushing down on the valves, they seem free enough but could there be a problem if I didn't go any further?

Marc Costello

Yea you could get lucky. Even if you think you have your probably going to want to stip the entire head down to look for damages. The valves may not have blown holes in the head but you never know what it has done. Still going to cost, in cash or time :(

Cheers Marc, had just about made my mind up that was what I had to do, you've confirmed it now. Thanks for your help I'll let you know how it goes.