2012 Volkswagen Passat User Reviews

2012 Volkswagen Passat Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Overall: 4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars4.2 out of 5 stars 4.2 / 5

PROS
"space" 4 reviews
"big space" 4 reviews
CONS
"awd" 2 reviews
"driver" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 15 2012 Volkswagen Passat reviews.

tneff350 writes:
2012 Volkswagen Passat TDI SE w/ Sunroof and Nav Review
Overall:

Pros

Excellent mileage and overall room

tneff350

Great Overall Car — This car was great. I did much out of town traveling and experienced great MPG through my interstate travels. Even better while traveling down two-lane roadways at 65-70 MPH. Very roomy car with lots of cargo space for baggage.

Passat
Looking for a Used Passat in your area?
CarGurus has 25,662 nationwide Passat listings starting at $1,490.
ElephantMovers writes:
2012 Volkswagen Passat SE V6 w/ Sunroof and Nav Review
Overall:

Pros

Roomy in back seat area for kids. Handling is very good. Despite write ups about breaking system (slow to break) my wife has had no problems.

Cons

The trunk release system is a bit tricky and I think took complicated

ElephantMovers

Solid Family Car — I loved the style and handling, I was worried about the breaking system and reports about the car being slow to stop, but have had no problems so far. The back seat area is great for our kids. The head room (Im 5'10" ) is not comfortable for me and I have trouble getting in and out the passenger side. The driver's side is not problem for me and it fits my wife like a glove. I am still impressed by how roomy the car is and the cargo capacity. We can fold down the rear seats and it fits sports equipment with ease.

Anonymous bought one because:

For the diesel engine, the mileage, the interior space, and the overall functionality.

Jasmina Ian writes:
2012 Volkswagen Passat S Review
Overall:

Pros

Drives really smooth and went and had everything checked out and everything seems to be okay with the car. I had everything inspected while buying the car. I took it to Firestone and had them do a thourough inspection on the car because I needed to know if everything was on the up and up with the car.

Cons

its a used car and I bought it at a smaller dealership and I guess they buy rental cars and sell them. Well this car was a rental car before I bough it. so I was a little skeptical about buying the car

Forever Runner! — I like the fact that the car is newer with fewer miles on it. Yes Its a 2012 with 62,000 miles on it. It drives really smooth. I paid 9,500.00 for it which was not bad for this car. I had it inspected inside and out before I bought it at Firestone and everything was okay with the car. They saw no issues as far as why I shouldn't buy the car. There are a few things I don't like about the car and they are that it has a few dings on the body and some scratches. I also am concerned that it was a rental car before. That's the biggest part that I didn't like because it means that a bunch of random people were driving this car and probably some didn't take care of it very well. And I also am scared about the parts on the car. I can imagine that some people rent CARS TO TAKE GOOD WORKING PARTS AND EXCHANGE THEM WITH THE OLD BARELY WORKING PARTS because im sure the rental people don't inspect every single part when the car is brought back.

christycritter79 writes:
2012 Volkswagen Passat SE PZEV w/ Sunroof and Nav Review
Overall:

Pros

Beautiful car great handling and gas mileage.

Cons

No known negatives

christycritter79

Great Value And Sexy!! — There is not too much not to like about this vehicle, all of its reviews and receive 5 stars for just about every category.the car is one of the most cleanest emissions vehicles in the country let alone the world world.And at 32 miles per gallon what's not to love about that

Chrismax writes:
2012 Volkswagen Passat SE w/ Sunroof and Nav Review
Overall:

Pros

Roomy

Cons

Missing some safety features found in other cars....blind spot, back up cam, lane departure

Chrismax

Good Family Car — Good gas mileage, lots of room for a family. 2012 model year did not have back up cam or rear seat a/c vents which is a must with kids in the back seat. would recommend the Passat. Carefree maintenance for 3 years has been great, just show up every 10K miles and no charge for service.

Pennman88 writes:
2012 Volkswagen Passat TDI SE w/ Sunroof Review
Overall:

Pros

Gas mileage and roominess!

Cons

No AWD

Pennman88

Looks Good And Drives Great! Exceptional Gas Mileage!! — Terrific family car if you don't want and SUV! Tons of room through the car and is drives great! The TDi provides exceptional gas mileage!! Given that VW also makes Audi, I would have love to have seen this car with AWD, but overall, I am very satisfied with this vehicle - great value for the money.

Review writes:
2012 Volkswagen Passat SE Review
Overall:

Pros

The passat has looks great and has plenty of room inside, particularly for the back seat passengers.  It also has nice trunk space and ample storage in the passenger compartments.  I like the little things like a sunglasses holder and a specific space in the glove box to hold the owners manual.

Cons

The drivers seat has an almost constant squeaking sound. I have taken it twice to be repaired but the dealership has not been able to fix it.

Review

Bad Choice — Avoid this car - purchasing this car was a huge mistake for me as I cannot get Vista Volkswagen to stand behind the product and repair the defective seat. Each day I drive this car I am disappointed. Choose any other vehicle.

LagunaVeedub writes:
2012 Volkswagen Passat TDI SEL Premium Review
Overall:

Pros

I own the TDi with the DSG transmission. I love the ultra quick shifts and the incredible torque of the diesel engine. The fuel mileage is nothing short of amazing: On the highway I easily get 47 Mpg and with a bit of luck and effort I get over 50 Mpg highway.

The Fender sound system is the best I have ever had in a car. The sound is so clear that I can pick out instruments and voices I never knew existed in the music I listen to.

Cons

My car came with Hankook tires and I find them to be pretty noisy when driving on rough surfaces

The GPS navigation radio is very slow. It seems it has a slow CPU and I guess that's why it is so slow to respond to any input.

LagunaVeedub

Fantastic Mileage, Power And Handling — Overall I love this car. I love the diesel engine and its amazing torque. I love the DSG transmission and its super quick shifts. I love the amazing fuel mileage. I use the car as my daily driver and for work. My job involves seeing customers all over southern California and this car is prety close to perfect for my needs. It is roomy (I am 6'2) and is the only car in many years that I have been truly comfortable in. There is plenty of leg room and head room for me, and if I get in the back, I sit extremely comfortably in the back seat with the front seat adjusted the way I need it. The car is maybe not a true sports sedan but I never expected that it would be. It cruises very very comfortably on the freeway and when I want to "play" a little on tight back roads, the steering tightens up very nicely with good response and the car feels very very stable and solid through turns. The sound system sounds really fantastic with clear, powerful sound that is just a joy to listen to. The only downsides I have found so far, is the GPS navigation system is generally slow (has a slow CPU) and the tires that came on my car are noisy when driving on rough roads.

ladylikesVW writes:
2012 Volkswagen Passat V6 SEL Premium Review
Overall:

Pros

I like rare cars, I'm not into the dime a dozen variety.
This car turns heads.

Cons

A bit long, harder to parallel park.
The exterior is a bit bland but it has staying power. I chose to add the sport package, now it looks as awesome as it is !

ladylikesVW

This Lady Loves Vw ! — Owned a 95 Golf, 2002 Altima (garbage), 2005 Jetta, 2008 Passat. This is my 4th VW. I've never had "reliabilty" issues that all the VW haters love to rant about. Every manufacturer has a lemon so get over it. My Golf was going strong at over 350k until it was totalled in an accident. I'm a 30-something women with 1 child, 2 dogs. I don't do soccer mom SUVs so sedan are my thing. When I heard VW was slashing $7000 off the price of the Passat I nearly had a stroke. I was certain they were going to cheapen it down to the level of all the other sedans to compete with the rest of the pack. Let's face it most people will sacrifice quality to save a few bucks. Every time I purchase a vehicle, I seriously shop around, Mazda, Acura, Toyota, good grief, they can't even compare. The interior fit and feel of a German car cannot be beat. I always go back to VW, I think I want a change until I see what's out there and I return to what I know is the best value for my money. Sure I bought the top line model but I still paid $20,000 less than an a similarily tripped out Audi A6 with the same features. The new Passat screams class without being pretentious and that works best for me. Additionally, VW has been great to me and my family, their service has been exceptional, I cannot ask for more.....

Displaying 1 - 10 of 15 2012 Volkswagen Passat reviews.

Rank your car

1974 Volkswagen Passat Reviews

A Great Little Vw By Scott

Well, it was actually a Dasher. I got it for 500 dollars. I bought a 76 Rabbit shell for the wheels and motor and upgraded the Dasher to a 1.6 with 13" BBS knock- offs. It was a basic car...no A/C... Read More

Read all 1974 Volkswagen Passat reviews

1984 Volkswagen Passat Reviews

Santana Is Crazy Car By Tomas

Performance: good, it has about 100HP Build quality: very good, whole body ir rebuilded and repainted, sport suspension and all the parts are changed into the new. Cost of ownership: 15l/100km It is v... Read More

Read all 1984 Volkswagen Passat reviews

1985 Volkswagen Passat Reviews

Awesome By Tom

fast....very fast! very powerful car but with many problems. has been sitting for two years and hopefully i can drive it again someday and feel that ruff and tuff volkswagen power! doesnt need much ... Read More

Read all 1985 Volkswagen Passat reviews

1987 Volkswagen Passat Reviews

A Good And Honest Car By Werner

Parts for this car is very expensive as many parts must be imported - given the age of the car. Performance was quit excellent - 198km/h from a 2.2l car was quit good in 1987 - given its rivals in tho... Read More

Read all 1987 Volkswagen Passat reviews

1989 Volkswagen Passat Reviews

The Bottom Line Is , Go & Get One Of You`re Able Too, They`ll Last A Lifetime By Frank

this was a 1989 car - a 1.8 gl - performance was really good - at worst the way i`d drive it, it would do 30 m.p.g. - the best it would do 44/46 m.p.g. - so long as you kept the revs around 4,500 r.p.... Read More

Vw Passat 35i By Antti

Basic, good car. Nothing bad to say about it. Except the 1.6 engine, which sucked. Way too underdimensioned for the size of the car. It was good to drive. Corrosion was a minor problem. Some electric ... Read More

Read all 3 1989 Volkswagen Passat reviews

Volkswagen CC
Volkswagen Jetta
Honda Accord
Passat
Looking for a Used Passat in your area?
CarGurus has 25,662 nationwide Passat listings starting at $1,490.