2012 Mazda MAZDA3 User Reviews

2012 Mazda MAZDA3 Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Overall: 4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars 4.4 / 5

PROS
"handling" 5 reviews
"style" 4 reviews
CONS
"space" 3 reviews
"seat" 3 reviews
"legroom" 2 reviews
"noise" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 13 2012 Mazda MAZDA3 reviews.

mazdaamanda writes:
2012 Mazda MAZDA3 s Grand Touring Hatchback Review
Overall:

Pros

Sporty Styling!

Cons

None

mazdaamanda

Woohoo! — I love all the extras! It's completely loaded! Low miles, 2.5L Motor, great gas mileage. Handles great too! The blind spot detection is saving my skin too. I'm also loving the Bluetooth and Navigation. I really got a great deal on this car.

MAZDA3
Looking for a Used MAZDA3 in your area?
CarGurus has 27,357 nationwide MAZDA3 listings starting at $2,200.
carrianne1103 writes:
2012 Mazda MAZDA3 s Grand Touring Review
Overall:

Pros

I loved this car, I actually purchased two in two years. I was planning on buying the 2014, but bought a BMW instead. I have mixed feelings about the Beamer. Several key features important to my driving experience the BMW does not have.

Cons

I just really can't think of anything negative, oh, the climate controlled A/C does not really meet expectations. The car is a compact so not really large enough cabin space to divide the climate. Does blow exceedingly cold. A "I'm about to back into something" alert would be nice.

carrianne1103

Miss It Already, Impressive Bang For The Buck, Seamless Technology, Clean Lines — This is a great a car. I really just don't think there is another option in this class that comes close to offering what the Mazda3 s Grand Touring offers in every way. The Mazda3 s Grand Touring a well styled auto, nice lines, sophisticated to the eye,not over-styled, uncluttered and well pieced together exterior.Compared to all other's, really impressed with the technology, it's seamless, user friendly, and purposeful. The Mazda3 s Grand Touring get's up and goes when you want it to, no problem, it's a sporty little dude for sure, manual tranny much fun to drive. The sound system rocks, 10 Bose speakers and factory amp. Very cool interior design, especially the blue lighting. Very useful, well designed safety features through the use of hardware and technology, love the blind spot indicator, adaptive headlights.

Sega2010 writes:
Overall:

Pros

great car good gas mileage

Cons

need more room in back seats

Sega2010

Better Than Basic Honda/toyotas — i like great fuel economy and sporty look i just want more room in the back seats for my growing family. other thank that you cant beat this car style with fuel economy and handling. you wont find other cars like this for price.

mikeandmelaniem writes:
2012 Mazda MAZDA3 i Grand Touring Hatchback Review
Overall:

Pros

Car has great handling, fun to drive six speed manual, great gas mileage, looks very stylish, and is laid out well.

Cons

Too small for a 6ft3 driver, no room in the back seats, a little bit of road noise, evethough I get nice 30 mpg gas mileage overall--not really near what is advertised.

mikeandmelaniem

Zoom Zoom With Some Issues That Can Easily Be Overlooked. — As stated car is really fun to drive--though it would be better if I had more room. Smooth shifting six speed manual transmission. There is a little road noise, but overall the ride is faily comfortable if a little cramped, but doesn't really affect me too much as I mainly use it for short runs back and forth to work and around the neighborhood. Decent gas mileage as previously stated and the price was right.

Mike writes:
2012 Mazda MAZDA3 i Touring Hatchback Review
Overall:

Pros

Handles well, good gas mileage, peppy, 6 speed is fun to drive, nice styling

Cons

Just enough head/leg room for a tall, 6'3" dude.  A little road noise

Zoom Zoom 3 Is Fun To Drive — No space for rear passengers, console area very limited for storage, mileage is good, but not what's advertised, need more leg and head room for tall drivers, otherwise a nice car at a very reasonable price! Decent acceleration and fun six speed make the car fun to drive!

Michael writes:
Overall:

Pros

The car handles great on the road, has surprisingly good power for a four cylinder.

Cons

It's a great commuting car, but if you are 6 feet tall or more it may be a little tight.

A Great Car To Get To And Back From Work — A great car to get to and back from work - The new SkyActiv technology is incredible. I have driven 250 miles 80% highway 20% city and am averaging 39 MPG! I love the Mazda3 styling inside and out. The color is beautiful. Inside everything is really great too. I am learning all about the Bluetooth system and Its amazing being able to play my music over the stereo as well and send and receive calls. The handling is outstanding as well.

Michael writes:

Cons

A Great Car To Get To And Back From Work — The new SkyActiv technology is incredible. I have driven 250 miles 80% highway 20% city and am averaging 39 MPG! I love the Mazda3 styling inside and out. The color is beautiful. Inside everything is really great too. I am learning all about the Bluetooth system and Its amazing being able to play my music over the stereo as well and send and receive calls. The handling is outstanding as well.

carrianne1103 writes:
2012 Mazda MAZDA3 s Grand Touring Review
Overall:

Pros

I loved everything about this car. The technology, seamless, nav, bluetooth phone and music. Interior and exterior, sleek and stylish. Bells and whistles, has all of them, useful and well thought out. Stereo the best stock stereo ever, 10 Bose speakers. Power, you only have to hint subtly to get a satisfying response. Back seat, who cares I never sit back there. Cargo, more than sufficient even without folding the back seat down.

Cons

Road noise if no music playing

carrianne1103

Miss It! I Wish Bmw Made It! — This car was awesome. Massive bang for the buck. Purchased two new in a row, a 2011 a 2013 and was planning on getting the 2014. Secretly regret going with the luxury car I chose. I wish BMW made this car, I'd still have it.

caracd writes:
2012 Mazda MAZDA3 s Grand Touring Hatchback Review
Overall:

Pros

Love this car, it drives amazingly, much like a luxury car. I'd compare it to the feel of driving a BMW. It is cute, but sporty, comfortable, and has TONS of features I love!

Cons

Small back seats... adults have a hard time fitting. Similarly, small trunk. It is much smaller in capacity for hauling than our old 2008 Mazda 3 hatchback. Also, this car is expensive for being a Japanese car.

caracd

Beautiful, Fun Driving Machine! — The car accelerates really smoothly, and has a great engine! We bought the S model because the acceleration was more smooth than the i versions (we felt they were jumpy/lurchy). I love the color of Blue our car came in, it glows different colors in different light, which is absolutely beautiful. Also, unlike a lot of other new cars we test drove, the Mazda's don't smell like plastic/vinyl chemicals. They just smell clean, and of new leather! I love all the features on the car, including the auto-leveling xenon headlamps, rain sensor for the windshield wipers, and the bling-spot monitoring system. It is so much easier to drive because of these features! This car feels truly luxurious, and if I need a car again in the future, it will definitely be a Mazda! Zoom zoom! :)

Vancup writes:
2012 Mazda MAZDA3 i Sport Review
Overall:

Pros

Amazing fuel efficiency, great looks and style.

Cons

Very little rear seat legroom

Vancup

Great Hatchback — This car is quite a nice machine. I have owned it for about a year and a half, and have nothing negative to report. 40,000 km's and it gets over 500 kms per fillup, all city driving. Tight, responsive car.

Primary Use: Utility (towing boats, transporting cargo, etc.)

Displaying 1 - 10 of 13 2012 Mazda MAZDA3 reviews.

Rank your car

2004 Mazda MAZDA3 Reviews

Great 1st Car By TommyBlazeHD

This car we bought used at a cheep price at a Mazda Dealership in Vancouver, WA. It was mechanically and cosmetically sound! We did have to eventually put real tires, & brakes on it soon after purch... Read More

Great Car For The Money By mmoore0405

This car is fantastic.. In the 9 years I owned the car I never once had an mechanical issue. Cheap on maintenance, gas! The gas mileage averaged 38 mpg. Front wheel drive in the snow and rain is the t... Read More

Read all 61 2004 Mazda MAZDA3 reviews

2005 Mazda MAZDA3 Reviews

Fantastic Little Ride By jccars

Love the look, love the handling, parts are cheap and repairs are easy! I have over 172 thousand miles on it now and it still looks and drives like new. Only minor up keep with breaks and tires, repla... Read More

Sporty, Zippy And Fun To Drive! By saskie22

I fell in love with the Mazda 3 in 2004, but didn't purchase until 2005. The interior was sleek and stylish, and didn't look "cheap" like similar models (ie: Pontiac Vibe) did. When driving, you rea... Read More

Read all 56 2005 Mazda MAZDA3 reviews

2006 Mazda MAZDA3 Reviews

Sophisticated Fun By bbrogan

I really like the Mazda 3. Always complimented on the appearance, and love the leather interior. Low maintenance and great gas mileage, driven mostly on the highway, and could go a week on 1 tank of... Read More

Efficient Use Of The Planets Resources And Man's Auto Technologies By Essais

Replaced a 2000 Passat with 2006 M3. Liked it so much, my wife wanted a 2007 M3. Now at 70k miles and 85k miles respectively (I drive less often). Both are 5-speed manual for fun; both are mileage ... Read More

Read all 65 2006 Mazda MAZDA3 reviews

2007 Mazda MAZDA3 Reviews

Fantastic! By Bill_In_Wooster

The most favorable aspect about is vehicle is the cost to own. Very low maintenance! As of March 2015, I have 78,000 miles and I have put on new front brakes, changed the spark plugs and changed the t... Read More

Great Inexpensive Commuter By joshpatterson

I've enjoyed this car for some time now. Doesn't need a lot of maintenance and gets great gas mileage on commutes. Would highly recommend, especially for those living in urban areas. May be looking to... Read More

Read all 70 2007 Mazda MAZDA3 reviews

2008 Mazda MAZDA3 Reviews

Sporty Feel, Great Gas Mileage, Quality Car By caseyking14

After about a year of owning the car I can say that I am happy with my purchase. The car looks great, drives like a top level car, and is filled with options. The car struggles a bit with heavy wint... Read More

Sporty Daily Driver By Chelsea

This car has been to most reliable car I have ever owned! I had so many more corky issue with my Accord but this car since has had no issue other than wear items that need replaced. This is also a gre... Read More

Read all 89 2008 Mazda MAZDA3 reviews

People researching a 2012 Mazda MAZDA3 contacted a dealer about

2012 Mazda MAZDA3, Front quarter view. , exterior, interior, manufacturer
Mazda MAZDA3
Ford Focus
Toyota Corolla
Honda Civic
MAZDA3
Looking for a Used MAZDA3 in your area?
CarGurus has 27,357 nationwide MAZDA3 listings starting at $2,200.