2009 Pontiac Vibe User Reviews

2009 Pontiac Vibe Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars3.9 out of 5 stars 3.9 / 5
  • Appearance:4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars4.3 out of 5 stars 4.3 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5
  • Overall: 4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars 4.4 / 5

PROS
"storage" 3 reviews
"hatchback" 2 reviews
CONS

Displaying 1 - 10 of 13 2009 Pontiac Vibe reviews.

Claire writes:
2009 Pontiac Vibe 2.4L Review
Overall:

Pros

Gas saver, looks nice and has plenty of options installed. Really sticks to the road. It can haul a lot of stuff. We've had a dishwasher, bookshelves, microwave cart; all kinds in the back of it.

Cons

I don't think there's anything he doesn't like about this car. He's very defensive about it. :v

A Fantastic Little Toyota In A Pontiac Badge. — This is my husband's daily driver. It's been so, so, so reliable in the (almost) 5 years he's owned it. He drives a 50 mile round trip on weekdays and it has never once let him down. We purchased the bumper to bumper warranty and never had to use it. Will be difficult to replace when he passes it on to our teenage daughter. I'm getting the feeling he's going to renege on that promise he made to her when he bought it in Jan 2010.

Vibe
Looking for a Used Vibe in your area?
CarGurus has 1,296 nationwide Vibe listings starting at $2,000.
VibeGT writes:
Safety:
Overall:

Pros

This has been an excellent commuter car for me. I purchased this from Koons Toyota for my wife but I ended up driving it everyday to work. So I am the second owner. I liked this car for its styling, value, and reputation. I understand that GM and Toyota teamed up on this vehicle, utilizing the same 2.4L engine and transmission as the Camry. It is quick yet it gets 28 MGP on the highway, and 25 MPG overall if one drives it sensibly.  I loved the roominess of the hatchback. The seats fold flat and it gives one a lot of cargo space. This car has side airbags, stability control and is nicely equipped.

Cons

Because it is a GT, it has a stiffer ride and is not great on long drives over three hours. It is not bad, but not sure if all small cars have this issue.

VibeGT

Great Car, Lots Of Options For The Money — The car is fun to drive and has been very reliable. Of course I kept up with oil changes and maintenance. I like the looks of this better than the Toyota Matrix, it's sister car. I loved subscribing to SiriusXM radio but never activated On-STAR.

ericd346 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Great car, no major issues, fun to drive, great-looking car, huge cargo capacity with seats folded down, very nice features and finishes

Cons

some blind spots, somewhat low mpg for car size

ericd346

Great Car With Much To Appreciate — This has been a great car for our family. Reliable, fun to drive, and very versatile. Whether we had it crammed with stuff for a move or just running to the grocery store, this car was perfect for us. We love the way the car looks and the interior is very nice.

Andrew writes:
Overall:

Pros

fuel-efficient, practical, reliable, never breaks down

Cons

it isn't a sports car, but oh well, it does what it does

Vibe — Bought this car brand new. It's fuel-efficient, reliable, and practical. Best car I've ever owned or driven. If you have $20000 and need a car, then get the Vibe or Matrix, they're one in the same. Great car, overall, you won't regret buying this.

You don't find this review helpful

Clark writes:
Overall:

Pros

Great little car that gives the best of the econo-box worlt mixed with fun.

Cons

lack of torque, lack of horsepower.

Great Car. — Great lttle car. The 4-cyl is happy to rev (2.4L) and get you moving past 3k. 4- wheel disc breaks provide great stopping power. The OEM suspension is more aggressive than on the other Vibe's and is a blast in corners but is proned to under-steer when pushed. As far as cost goes, this pontiac is just like it's toyota cousin (matrix) and has been wonderful. I average about 28 mpg combined cycle which is just fine with me. I think as far as looks goes, this car is heads above the rest in it's segment. With lo-pro 17'' wheels, rear deck spoiler and an aggressive front facia, this car looks more aggressive than it actually is.

CalebDeibel writes:
Overall:

Pros

30 MPG on average, never had any problems whatsoever, only matinence done has been changing the oil and refueling :)

Cons

I am a teenage boy and I want a sports car.

CalebDeibel

Extremely Economical — I love this car. Never had to fix anything, gets good gas mileage, cheap to buy, etc. The engine revs up pretty high for good acceloration when you need it and the brakes will stop the car fast and smooth.

KingCaff writes:
Overall:

Pros

Great driving feel with tight steering response and quick acceleration.  Very roomy and feels a lot larger inside than what meets the eye.  Style is way ahead of the curve with the GT model compared to the other Vibe models or similar matrix or mazda 3 hatchbacks.  Very stable ride on the highway at speed.  Head turner!!

Cons

If you have a heavy foot or are very aggressive in your driving habits the fuel consumption can seem more than a 2.4L should be using, however it can also get very nice MPG if you don't slam the gas at every light or when just cruising on the highway, I average about 30-32 MPG highway and 25-26 city.

KingCaff

Bang For The Buck!! — Get the GT model if you are looking for the Vibe, it feels much more reliable and more like a sport car than the 1.8L gas sipper that will leave you begging for more acceleration on the on ramps and make you feel like you are blowing around if winds pick-up. This interior is very nice and the sun roof is a must when it is nice outside, there could be some more gizmos and gadgets, buy this isn't a 30-50K luxury auto here. It does give you the most bang for you buck!! If you can pick one up for 12-13K with lower miles and it is a GT, go for it!!

Ruuti writes:
Overall:

Pros

Fast for its class

Cons

Not very big

Ruuti

Pretty Good — Because my father in law is retired, he only uses any of his cars for getting groceries or to go hang out with old friends. This car is really fun to drive, and I know this because sometimes he will let me drive it. It can go pretty fast for a hatchback too.

Primary Use: Utility (towing boats, transporting cargo, etc.)

Jake writes:
Overall:

Pros

Cheap, ok gas milage, fun, sleek inside and out.

Cons

It's a grocery getter but it's very roomy for them late night rodeys.

Viberratorr — Pontiacs design improved greatly on this particular car. The performance in the 1.8 is not the best of the models offered. They're a very affordable car, only getting around 30 mpg isn't the best but it beats 15. It's fairly fun drive around with the 5 speed if u nonchalantly cruise the streets.

Tammy writes:
2009 Pontiac Vibe 2.4L Review
Overall:

Pros

Everything

Cons

Nothing

Vibes Are Awesome — I love my car. It's easy to drive and gets great gas mileage. I like the fact that it's an all wheel drive that's what makes it a fun car to drive. It has an area in the back for the dogs and that's pretty cool too!!!

Displaying 1 - 10 of 13 2009 Pontiac Vibe reviews.

Rank your car

2003 Pontiac Vibe Reviews

The Queen Of Versatility By Schwartzy

This vehicle is new to my wife and I, and will take over for our Aveo as the weekend and trip vehicle of choice due to the convenience of the automatic transmission. It also replaces my wife's Metro a... Read More

I Love My Vibe. By jsmithereen

I love my Vibe. Really a nice family, multi purpose car, simple, reliable, cute. Great Cargo space, with both back seats you can bring down, then you geta nice big and flat space , for example furnitu... Read More

Read all 25 2003 Pontiac Vibe reviews

2004 Pontiac Vibe Reviews

Great Car By AMNelson

This car is a very reliable car. Great for getting around town or long trips. The luggage rack has come in very handy. The AC power outlet is a unique feature of this car that has been very useful.... Read More

Wonderful Cheap Daily Driver By zeus1233

This car is perfect for a family that doesn't want an SUV yet. The operating costs are low and the cargo space is great. Easy access for child seats, too. There's a good chance I buy another Vibe... Read More

Read all 10 2004 Pontiac Vibe reviews

2005 Pontiac Vibe Reviews

Love The Look, Styling And Ease Of Handling. By Startrekfan269

I love the sleek look and styling of this car. It is fun to drive in the snow. It gets great gas mileage and is overall a fun, sporty car. It holds quite a bit with the hatchback and folding the re... Read More

I'd Trust My Life In A Vibe Again! Safest Vehicle I've Ever Drove!! By Resa

This car has proven to be a dream! There is no lag in the acceleration or breaking. In fact, the acceleration can even be a bit touchy at times if you're not used to it. It comes with automatic tracti... Read More

Read all 12 2005 Pontiac Vibe reviews

2006 Pontiac Vibe Reviews

The Pontiac Vibe Is A Classic Hatchback Style By Thomas_Sky

This auto has been trustworthy; front seats are comfortable for long road trips; lots of cargo room when rear seats are folded down. Engine and Transmission are above par, and the surrounding exterior... Read More

It Is Now A Bit Aged, But A Good Value. By JohnSB

Good value for your money if you can tolerate oil leak. It has a solid feel on the road with good feedback. A/C is mild with replacement compressor. Transmission has been solid. I now have Contine... Read More

Read all 8 2006 Pontiac Vibe reviews

2007 Pontiac Vibe Reviews

Reliable Economical Transportation That Is Fun To Drive! By Richard

I wish we still had Pontiac around because this car gets great mileage and is fun to drive and easy to park and very reliable! I would love to be able to buy a new one! Since I can't, this was the n... Read More

Great Car By Sarasota2014

LOVED IT, would buy another but they don't make them anymore. This is a brilliant collaboration between GM and Toyota, the engine and transmission will go approximately 5 more years with low mainten... Read More

Read all 9 2007 Pontiac Vibe reviews

People researching a 2009 Pontiac Vibe contacted a dealer about

Pontiac Vibe
Mazda MAZDA3
Toyota Camry
Toyota Matrix
Vibe
Looking for a Used Vibe in your area?
CarGurus has 1,296 nationwide Vibe listings starting at $2,000.