2008 Dodge Charger User Reviews

2008 Dodge Charger Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 / 5
  • Appearance:4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars 4.8 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 / 5
  • Overall: 4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5

PROS
"speed" 17 reviews
"comfortable car" 7 reviews
CONS
"speed" 6 reviews
"expensive car" 4 reviews
"brakes" 3 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 66 2008 Dodge Charger reviews.

Stanford writes:
Overall:

Pros

Hemi Interceptor...nuff said.

Cons

Fuel milege when you mash that gas pedal

Hemi, Hemi Hemi — This car is the latest to the collection. Being different is what I'm all about and this car helps me achieve just that. The Hemi Orange paint job, 20 inch chrome rims and nasty looking blackout accents let everyone else know I'm coming, This car is a family sedan that's also a sports car when you need it. And trust me, when this bad boy hits the pavement you're gonna need that sports car feel.

Charger
Looking for a Used Charger in your area?
CarGurus has 24,866 nationwide Charger listings starting at $3,980.
MikeJones83 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Get it with the HEMI engine!

Cons

I think these have too many issues with cooling systems.

MikeJones83

Charger Rt — Great amount of room and performance out of a mid size sedan. Must get it with the HEMI. The 2.7L engine is junk and should be avoided at all cost! We enjoyed having the 2008 so much that we bought the 2011, and its even better!

Justin writes:
Overall:

Pros

Been a great car overall.. Lots of fun to drive.. Power when you need and nice ride!

Cons

A gas pig for sure... but what do you expect in this big car with a big motor and big right foot!

Raw Power With Attitude And White Knuckles On The Steering Wheel Keeping Her In Line. — I have had the car for 102000 miles at this point.. Car has been good. No real issues to speak of just general maintenance items. Car gets about 17 miles to the gallon if your nice... 14 if you have fun... and 19 on the Highway... I don't like MDS so I have it disabled. I have gotten as much as 24 on the highway with it working but just can't handle the sound it produces a low growl of 4 cylinder it also causes the car to pulse as it turns on and off when needed... just not worth it to me. If you are going to drive this kind of car and change the exhaust MDS is not an option... This is a straight line machine the curves is just all under steer.. like crazy! It will just push it self into a corner you have to do alot of breaking while turning to change weight to the front tires and then give gas to get out of it... Fun to toss around once you get the hang of it... A trick for all Chargers 07-09 I think while car is moving above 5 miles an hour just turn the key fob and hold.. .your traction control light will turn on and it will disable all traction control.... ALL TRACTION CONTROL... then you can have some real fun!

Hemi676 writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Pros

Fast, Fun, Awesome!

Cons

Got a speeding ticket last week doing 107 in a 65...expensive.

Hemi676

2008 Charger Daytona R/t — This car is beyond awesome!!! It handles like a dream and the 350 horsepower is more than enough to please. I spotted this car at the dealer, took a cell phone picture and sent it to my wife, her two word reply, "Buy It!", was all it took to solidify the deal, lol. I sat down with the Sales Manager and worked a deal out the door for $28,780.00. But before I signed anything I brought my wife in to drive it, 2 hours later we took delivery. It is the Daytona R/T in Hemi Orange Pearl with a build number of 676 out of 1,650 made. The interior seats our family of 5 comfortably and this car is rock solid, no noise, no rattles, nothing but awesome. I cannot drive this car without getting attention (including the police, lol) everywhere we go. We have a 2008 Lincoln MKZ with the 265 hp V-6 and the Charger does better on gas. I was getting 20 MPG in the Daytona and the Lincoln was doing 19 MPG when we took them both on vacation. I don't miss my Ram at all, except when needing to move something, lol. If you've got the money and want some modern muscle, you've got to get one of these bad boys...You only live once.

Tres writes:
2008 Dodge Charger SE Review

Pros

Cons

Plastic windshield water jets break easily no matter how careful you are and they are costly to replace

Totally Satisfied With This Car — There are so many things I love about this car. Plenty of room when traveling. Lots of trunk and cabin space. Handles great and gets about 430 mpg on the highway on trips. In the city it gets about 28 - 30 mpg. I love this car it was a great investment.

MamaKat writes:
2008 Dodge Charger SE Review
Overall:

Pros

I love how this car looks!

Cons

The starter relay is very unreliable.

MamaKat

Sexy Piece Of Crap — This car does not have a smooth and consistent start. It will cut off while I am driving. I will lose power steering and have to throw it into neutral and restart it as fast as I can. It is so dangerous!

Lyssamp writes:
Off-Road:
Snow/Ice:
Overall:

Pros

This car is heavy so it handles very well around turns. I travel out of state alot and can make a 12 hour drive comfortably. Has alot of space and wiggle room in it plus the seats literally lay all the way back onto the back seats.

Cons

The brakes have squeaked no matter whether they get changed or not. I had a dodge before purchasing this car and it did the same thing. It does not drive in snow or ice due to it being RWD.

Lyssamp

Only Owner And I Hate To See Her Go! — Overall I love this car. It is very comfortable and can make long trips bearable. I have been able to fit things in the trunk that you could not in a typical sedan car. I hate to see her go but I need a 4x4 due to where I live.

GPettus writes:
Visibility:
Warranty:
Weight:
Overall:

Pros

The car is aggressive looking and has the power to back it all up! The perfect vehicle for the family man who itches for that muscle car feel. From the HEMI powerplant generating an undeniable thirst for the highway to the solidity of the suspension to keep the car handling like a sports car, this vehicle has had me grinning at every light!

Cons

The car is pretty heavy and requires a good deal of that HEMI power to get it moving. I couldn't imagine the V6 get up and go. The body roll is always there, so the power to the wheels sometimes fades when you have to make that upcoming turn.

GPettus

The Modern Muscle That Family Men Need — As stated above, the HEMI power is just smile inducing. The comfort that this car exudes on the roads, whether it be light to light or open highway is amazing. The gadgetry in the cockpit leaves you feeling like James Bond as you cycle radio stations with either the steering wheel controls or the MyGIG touch screen. The heated seats shake off the bitter cold in the winters and the sunroof lets you bask in those sunny summer days. This car turns heads at the grocery stores or whatever other family duties you may encounter, but lets you chuckle when you slam the accelerator and feel the car jump up and go. I have few gripes with this vehicle. Mainly the heaviness and bodyroll, but any visit to performance shop can cure those ailments!

josephlowe writes:
Overall:

Pros

Custom paint, style, speed

Cons

fwd

josephlowe

Charger — I love this car due to snow it's not easy to manage in the snow and it slides. I'm looking for something that can handle the weather and not put a lot of miles on my car. I want my charger to be strictly a summer car.

emitchell2008 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Very Roomy, Looks AWESOME! and very fast, sounds great too!

Cons

Gas Mileage!

emitchell2008

Beautiful Inside And Out! — I like absolutely everything except the gas mileage! This car looks great, sounds great, makes me feel like a rock star racer! Everyone, even the cops want to race! Although I LET the beat me haha. Shes beautiful and sexy!

Displaying 1 - 10 of 66 2008 Dodge Charger reviews.

Rank your car

2014 Dodge Charger Reviews

The Heart And Soul Of What American Muscle Should Be. By r33inpa

Dodge went all out with the new styling of the 2014 Dodge Charger R/T. Big V8 that has plenty of room for the family and ample storing in the trunk. I'm 6''1 and 240 lbs and can sit comfortable in the... Read More

Best Body Style Of The Charger Since Re-released. By r33inpa

Love the room and the sound of that HEMI motor with the upgraded X pipe with no drone effect noise.Dislike the fuel economy in the city 11.5 MPG. On highway gets 23 mpg and handles great and plenty of... Read More

Read all 3 2014 Dodge Charger reviews

2013 Dodge Charger Reviews

Fun, Safe, Beautiful, Charger! By stozerd

I liked that it was so much fun to drive, eco friendly but with plenty of power, I have had a lot of compliments about this Charger even from other owners. There is plenty of room throughout vehicle a... Read More

Pleasant Surprise By Canar

I was looking for a 4 door luxury car in the middle 30K range. I drove a lot of different cars and at the time was stuck on the Avalon. The dealerships by me did not want to give me a fair deal on an ... Read More

Read all 12 2013 Dodge Charger reviews

2012 Dodge Charger Reviews

I Like It. By charlene0147

I like the handling, the sound of it after I installed the CAI, looking for more take off power. I like the look of the car, the space on the inside, and when I got it, it didn't have many miles on i... Read More

Love It So Far! By SockMonkeyProphet

I only just purchased this car yesterday, so I will need to spend a bit more time with it before I can write a thorough review. So far, I can say that it is very powerful, fast, nice looking, and has... Read More

Read all 11 2012 Dodge Charger reviews

2011 Dodge Charger Reviews

Big Comfortable Cruiser By Indulgenceiniowa

Great car, even the gas mileage has exceeded my expectations. The car is incredibly smooth on the highway. Very fast, color combination of billet silver/camel interior is great. This car has an inc... Read More

Nice Old Guy Car By pwalker321

Comfortable ride and good gas mileage. Looks cool but shoulda got the v8! Great for the money even though interior was a little on the cheap side. If you want a charger, go with the nicer trim, not ju... Read More

Read all 6 2011 Dodge Charger reviews

2010 Dodge Charger Reviews

Sporty By johnrnolte

Looks good, but poor long term car. I have had the entire steering system and struts replaced twice. I like the low slung windows and very supportive front seats. Radio has satellite radio, but it wil... Read More

Great Family Car With Style By RichCraigLandreth

I'm quite happy with my car. It's the last year they had the "old" body style but the vehicle looks great. I bought the car with 42,000 miles and now it has almost 140,000. I've had to do nothing to i... Read More

Read all 12 2010 Dodge Charger reviews

People researching a 2008 Dodge Charger contacted a dealer about

Dodge Charger
Ford Mustang
Chrysler 300
Dodge Challenger
Charger
Looking for a Used Charger in your area?
CarGurus has 24,866 nationwide Charger listings starting at $3,980.