2008 Dodge Charger User Reviews

2008 Dodge Charger Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 / 5
  • Appearance:4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars 4.8 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 / 5
  • Overall: 4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5

PROS
"speed" 17 reviews
"comfortable car" 7 reviews
CONS
"speed" 6 reviews
"expensive car" 4 reviews
"brakes" 3 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 64 2008 Dodge Charger reviews.

Justin writes:
Overall:

Pros

Been a great car overall.. Lots of fun to drive.. Power when you need and nice ride!

Cons

A gas pig for sure... but what do you expect in this big car with a big motor and big right foot!

Raw Power With Attitude And White Knuckles On The Steering Wheel Keeping Her In Line. — I have had the car for 102000 miles at this point.. Car has been good. No real issues to speak of just general maintenance items. Car gets about 17 miles to the gallon if your nice... 14 if you have fun... and 19 on the Highway... I don't like MDS so I have it disabled. I have gotten as much as 24 on the highway with it working but just can't handle the sound it produces a low growl of 4 cylinder it also causes the car to pulse as it turns on and off when needed... just not worth it to me. If you are going to drive this kind of car and change the exhaust MDS is not an option... This is a straight line machine the curves is just all under steer.. like crazy! It will just push it self into a corner you have to do alot of breaking while turning to change weight to the front tires and then give gas to get out of it... Fun to toss around once you get the hang of it... A trick for all Chargers 07-09 I think while car is moving above 5 miles an hour just turn the key fob and hold.. .your traction control light will turn on and it will disable all traction control.... ALL TRACTION CONTROL... then you can have some real fun!

Charger
Looking for a Used Charger in your area?
CarGurus has 23,264 nationwide Charger listings starting at $3,990.
Hemi676 writes:
Appearance:
Overall:

Pros

Fast, Fun, Awesome!

Cons

Got a speeding ticket last week doing 107 in a 65...expensive.

Hemi676

2008 Charger Daytona R/t — This car is beyond awesome!!! It handles like a dream and the 350 horsepower is more than enough to please. I spotted this car at the dealer, took a cell phone picture and sent it to my wife, her two word reply, "Buy It!", was all it took to solidify the deal, lol. I sat down with the Sales Manager and worked a deal out the door for $28,780.00. But before I signed anything I brought my wife in to drive it, 2 hours later we took delivery. It is the Daytona R/T in Hemi Orange Pearl with a build number of 676 out of 1,650 made. The interior seats our family of 5 comfortably and this car is rock solid, no noise, no rattles, nothing but awesome. I cannot drive this car without getting attention (including the police, lol) everywhere we go. We have a 2008 Lincoln MKZ with the 265 hp V-6 and the Charger does better on gas. I was getting 20 MPG in the Daytona and the Lincoln was doing 19 MPG when we took them both on vacation. I don't miss my Ram at all, except when needing to move something, lol. If you've got the money and want some modern muscle, you've got to get one of these bad boys...You only live once.

Tres writes:
2008 Dodge Charger SE Review

Pros

Cons

Plastic windshield water jets break easily no matter how careful you are and they are costly to replace

Totally Satisfied With This Car — There are so many things I love about this car. Plenty of room when traveling. Lots of trunk and cabin space. Handles great and gets about 430 mpg on the highway on trips. In the city it gets about 28 - 30 mpg. I love this car it was a great investment.

MamaKat writes:
2008 Dodge Charger SE Review
Overall:

Pros

I love how this car looks!

Cons

The starter relay is very unreliable.

MamaKat

Sexy Piece Of Crap — This car does not have a smooth and consistent start. It will cut off while I am driving. I will lose power steering and have to throw it into neutral and restart it as fast as I can. It is so dangerous!

Lyssamp writes:
Off-Road:
Snow/Ice:
Overall:

Pros

This car is heavy so it handles very well around turns. I travel out of state alot and can make a 12 hour drive comfortably. Has alot of space and wiggle room in it plus the seats literally lay all the way back onto the back seats.

Cons

The brakes have squeaked no matter whether they get changed or not. I had a dodge before purchasing this car and it did the same thing. It does not drive in snow or ice due to it being RWD.

Lyssamp

Only Owner And I Hate To See Her Go! — Overall I love this car. It is very comfortable and can make long trips bearable. I have been able to fit things in the trunk that you could not in a typical sedan car. I hate to see her go but I need a 4x4 due to where I live.

GPettus writes:
Visibility:
Warranty:
Weight:
Overall:

Pros

The car is aggressive looking and has the power to back it all up! The perfect vehicle for the family man who itches for that muscle car feel. From the HEMI powerplant generating an undeniable thirst for the highway to the solidity of the suspension to keep the car handling like a sports car, this vehicle has had me grinning at every light!

Cons

The car is pretty heavy and requires a good deal of that HEMI power to get it moving. I couldn't imagine the V6 get up and go. The body roll is always there, so the power to the wheels sometimes fades when you have to make that upcoming turn.

GPettus

The Modern Muscle That Family Men Need — As stated above, the HEMI power is just smile inducing. The comfort that this car exudes on the roads, whether it be light to light or open highway is amazing. The gadgetry in the cockpit leaves you feeling like James Bond as you cycle radio stations with either the steering wheel controls or the MyGIG touch screen. The heated seats shake off the bitter cold in the winters and the sunroof lets you bask in those sunny summer days. This car turns heads at the grocery stores or whatever other family duties you may encounter, but lets you chuckle when you slam the accelerator and feel the car jump up and go. I have few gripes with this vehicle. Mainly the heaviness and bodyroll, but any visit to performance shop can cure those ailments!

josephlowe writes:
Overall:

Pros

Custom paint, style, speed

Cons

fwd

josephlowe

Charger — I love this car due to snow it's not easy to manage in the snow and it slides. I'm looking for something that can handle the weather and not put a lot of miles on my car. I want my charger to be strictly a summer car.

emitchell2008 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Very Roomy, Looks AWESOME! and very fast, sounds great too!

Cons

Gas Mileage!

emitchell2008

Beautiful Inside And Out! — I like absolutely everything except the gas mileage! This car looks great, sounds great, makes me feel like a rock star racer! Everyone, even the cops want to race! Although I LET the beat me haha. Shes beautiful and sexy!

Rebecka writes:
2008 Dodge Charger SXT Review
Appearance:
Overall:

Pros

I love everything about it

Cons

none

I Love My Charger — Very comfortable, love the ipod hook up, comes standard with sirus radio, Standard speakers work nicely, 16 gallon tank takes about $30-35 to fill up and gets pretty good gas milage. Wonderful for new familys and traveling! Loads of space in the trunk and inside. Perfect for a husband/ Father that doesnt want to drive a SUV but still have the room and sport!

William writes:
2008 Dodge Charger SRT8 Review
Overall:

Pros

everything!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cons

nothing

My Well Crafted Machine!!!!!!!! — love everything on this car.............. is this car fun to drive like the interior and exterior styling acceleration, braking, handling is the best gas mileage is what you make of it.just don't stomp on it, is low on maintenance. this built to last.. for a very long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Displaying 1 - 10 of 64 2008 Dodge Charger reviews.

Rank your car

1966 Dodge Charger Reviews

Wonderful Car By rtchargerse

factory big block four speed. it is a blast to drive. handles pretty good and has power to spare. it always gets lots of looks no matter where i drive it. just put some new rims and tires on it. Read More

It's The Real Thing, Real Am Muscle ! By Aaron

This car is so much fun !!! The car has a lot of power, but cruising is the best way to drive this beast ! The Big Block V8 loves to drink a lot, but believe me it is worth it ! Fun Factor is too high... Read More

Read all 9 1966 Dodge Charger reviews

1967 Dodge Charger Reviews

1967 Dodge Charger By Carlie

This was my first Charger. Got stupid and sold it along time ago. Wish I still had it. It had all kinds of power. Had to be carfull with the gas peddle. The back end would catch up with the front if y... Read More

Amazing By Alex

great car fast powerfuland does wheelies at all stop signs. great top speed and acceleration. biult very well. cheap to maintain snd a lot of fun this car is way to fun to drive. just dont get pulled ... Read More

Read all 3 1967 Dodge Charger reviews

1968 Dodge Charger Reviews

Hehe That Is My Cherry By Matt

383 bored out new piston 710 drag cam straight pipes on it b&m shifter. 2500 stall on it 750 cfm carb. rised intake street scoop no seat belt so just hold on. she has been times at 12.1 in the 1/4 all... Read More

Sweet! By Cheryl

She is a ground up restoration. Came out of the factory with a 383 and now sits with a 440 out of a 1970 Superbird. Does it rattle? Hell yes! I rattled too at 43 years old! Color is Viper Red. Apprais... Read More

Read all 15 1968 Dodge Charger reviews

1969 Dodge Charger Reviews

Coolest Car Ever!!!!!!! By dukeboy316

who wouldnt want to own the general lee its a sharp lookin car and a piece of history I have put many of my own blood, sweat, tears, and paychecks into making this car the fine ride it is today Read More

If You Ever Get A Chance To Drive One Do It !! ... Own One ,buy It .. It Transcends Time And Space By Peter

the last time you saw an original '69 charger with a 383/4speed go through your town did you ignore it or watch it go by and say "i allways wanted one of those " .... best handling car I've ever own... Read More

Read all 28 1969 Dodge Charger reviews

1970 Dodge Charger Reviews

My Ultimate Mopar By steveyderailer

Driving this car is an ego-stroking shot of pure adrenalin! I feel like a kid again!Only thing I would possibly want to top it would be a triple BLACK 70 RT/SE, with gator grain top, 440 six pak ,leat... Read More

Great Car By doctorgrm

1. I bought it in 1973. A 1970 Dodge Charger, red, 318 CID, 3-speed auto on column. This was my first Car. I bought it with money that I earned working as a carpenter’s helper in the summer. I paid $... Read More

Read all 13 1970 Dodge Charger reviews

People researching a 2008 Dodge Charger contacted a dealer about

Dodge Charger
Ford Mustang
Chevrolet Impala
Dodge Challenger
Charger
Looking for a Used Charger in your area?
CarGurus has 23,264 nationwide Charger listings starting at $3,990.