2008 Chevrolet Corvette User Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Corvette Review Ratings

• Rank your car

• Performance:4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars4.9 out of 5 stars 4.9 / 5
  • Appearance:4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars 4.8 / 5
  • Build Quality:4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars4.4 out of 5 stars 4.4 / 5
  • Overall: 4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars4.6 out of 5 stars 4.6 / 5

PROS
"handling" 7 reviews
"speed" 6 reviews
CONS
"expensive car" 5 reviews
"rattle" 2 reviews
"interior" 2 reviews

Displaying 11 - 20 of 44 2008 Chevrolet Corvette reviews.

joesautomall writes:
Overall:

Pros

Terrific Acceleration

Cons

Interior build quality

joesautomall

Fun Car — Love the speed and handling. Could use better quality materials inside. reliable car though for how exotic it is. Gas mileage is also better than expected for a car with this much power and performance. Would definitely recommend this vehicle to someone looking for raw power.

Corvette
Looking for a Used Corvette in your area?
CarGurus has 10,588 nationwide Corvette listings starting at $3,500.
kmeyerag writes:
Overall:

Pros

Great style, comfortable ride and decent fuel economy.

Cons

None, really.  I've enjoyed the car and had no problems.

kmeyerag

Head Turner! — Great car at an affordable price. I've used this as an "everyday vehicle" and I'll definitely own another Corvette!! Pop the top and cruise around. The power, the looks, the low rumble while sitting at the stop light...just what I was wanting when I bought this car.

Tstew317 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Car makes great power!

Cons

No back seats in a vett

Tstew317

Cant Wait To Buy A C7` — I really love the C6 vett, I cant wait to get my hands on a new C7 though. If your in the market for a car that you can enjoy and doesnt hurt the bank on fuel than the C6 is my choice.

mgheberger writes:
Overall:

Pros

The car averages 30 to 36mpg on the highway when cruise is set.  This is a perfect car since I want power and American Muscle-car performance as well as sound!!

Cons

If you have 10 kids, it's a great second car but not good for use for carpooling children to school.

mgheberger

This Is My First Corvette And Best Car I've Ever Owned Other Than My Z06. — This car is in near mint condition as I enjoy taking great care of my vehicles. I love the upgrades and driving the car reminds me of the very first time I got behind the wheel of a car at age 16 knowing the road I am on is fun to drive and will take me pretty much anywhere I want to go!

Bari writes:
Daily Commute:
Long Trips:
Snow/Ice:
Visibility:
Weight:
Overall:

Pros

Power, sound, looks, comfort

Cons

Rattles, squeaks

Bari

Fantastic Performance Sports Car — I have the base model with 'only' 430 horses, but oh my gosh this thing is quick. It might be the tires are worn, but with TC on, a bit of throttle and it fishtails all over the road. And with it off, well, let's just say I've been sideways more often than I can count. This ain't no Camry, you can't just slam the pedal down (unless you're aimed straight). In other words, I'm having a lot of fun. It looks great and the leather interior is really nice. I know there is too much interior plastic for some, but it doesn't bother me. I fixed the squeaky roof easily enough, but haven't found the other rattles. Mileage has been a respectable 21-25 MPG. Love it.

ParkerZ06 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Great Power, Gas mileage, and cargo capacity, this is the total package

Cons

low seating position

ParkerZ06

My 15 Year Wait Is Over! — After a long and arduous battle through the automotive jungle I have survived to tame the wild beast of legend. The Chevrolet Corvette is the most amazing car on American roads today, it is arguably the most fascinating car the american public can own and drive that is totally ours, built for the last 60 years to be enjoyed worldwide but mostly for us hmble americans. Great gas mileage, huge storage space and acceleration that rivals anything from Euorpe. Good job Chevrolet! and think it can be parked right beside the Chevy Cruze and get a $30.00 oil change by the same mechanic.

Ashton writes:
2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Review
Overall:

Pros

Acceleration, Braking, Looks, Lots of Leather, Exhaust, and a roadster that is not ashamed to sport a soft top

Cons

Still flimsy in some areas, why can’t I open the door while the car is running?

After Much Needed Tweeks, I Can Actually Say I Like It A Lot — Alright I was not really impressed with the C6 when it cam out, so how in the world can I like this years model even though it is still a C6. Simple, much needed tweaks, the steering feels less artificial, and finally it has an interior that PETA would scream over, but for all I car those vegans can go stuff themselves. The exhaust bellows at low RPMs, and Snarls at the Higher RPMs, it just sounds great. Secondly I liked this one better because it had a real 6-speed manual, not a half-assed automatic with thoughtful paddles. You just can’t help but hold the throttle down for longer than 8 seconds, but by then even spacious suburban boulevards get very small very quickly. This is where the breaks do their magic. So what if it only has 400 hp, yes I know the Z06, and ZR1 have more power, but I am convinced that I can still terrify myself in the base model, considering the more professional car journalist from Car and Driver and Road and track claim that the corvette has a tendency to have the tail slide out from behind you. Even if I am a better driver than the average Californian motorist, by professional race driver standards, I am still an amateur. Before I step into a ZR1, I probably should learn how to pull a car out of a spin while doing north of 100mph. One thing I live the most is the fact that the corvette can get about 30 mpg on the freeway, so lets do a little math here, this car has 400 hp and gets 30 mpg, while a less fun to drive and look at Prius gets at best 48 mpg on an anemic, that is if you drive it in a way that makes most grandma’s look like Burt Reynolds in a Trans Am. The electric engine and gas moped engine only manage to make a pitiful 110 hp. The Corvette and Prius do not have that big of a weight difference either, so I guess you could say that the corvette is more efficient than the Prius, What? Did I just Say that? One last thing that I liked about this Vette was the fact that it still uses a cloth top. Now I know about all the great advantages of a retractable hard top, I know that they allow for a stronger body, and a quieter cabin, but frankly, I don’t like the way most of them look. I’m sure that this car will not end up being the most reliable, cost effective car. But these cars are not aimed at those who drive Toyota Corollas, Hyundai’s, KIAs, and the like. Those cars are just too sensible and boring. Cars like the Corvette are built for those who still have that little kid inside them, and for those who actually like cars. Corvettes are not for those who make their decision on buying a car based on what consumer reports say and they are not for those who what to get from point A to point B. If you decide to buy a Corvette, make me proud and occasionally listen to your antisocial personality and bury your right foot and hold it there for a while. Those who drive cars like these slowly deserve to have them stolen.

DavesZO6 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Performance, performance, performance

Cons

Road noise

DavesZO6

Absolutely Love It — I've bought my 2008 ZO6 off the showroom floor in May 2009, and currently have just over 8,000 miles on her. Can't say enough nice things about it. It goes like hell and is a ball to drive. The only area I'd like to see improvement is the sound dampening, still a lot of road noise, especially on worn concrete interstate roads. On new blacktop it's an absolute dream.

Arianne writes:
Overall:

Pros

acceleration and cornering (with proper tires)

Cons

it's kinda ugly and it's a chevy

Fun For A Weekend...as Far As The "recommendation" Otherwise "no" - 50 Grand Could Be Better Spent — fun to drive; banks corners nice and tight but don't let go. decent acceleration from dead stop. inside cheap and plastic. i actually wanted to use the stereo, which sucked because the sound of the engine was wussy. possibly due to care/abuse- tremors at hundy on a smooth road.

Peter writes:
2008 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Review
Warranty:
Overall:

Pros

best car to drive, fun car to drive, power is amazing

Cons

cant drive in snow, small trunk. dont let the cops get you lol

Sexy Car, Head Turner. Very Fast, — love everytinng about the car except the price lol convertible is the way to go! best sports car for the money, fastest american car hands down, would buy another upgrade from this if i had the money all day. enjoy your vette all summer!

Displaying 11 - 20 of 44 2008 Chevrolet Corvette reviews.

Rank your car

1954 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Old But Strong By Jacob

sometimes unreliable starter (solonoid problems). easy clutch (3 speed-converted). beautiful though Read More

Read all 1954 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1955 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

The Rarest Corvette Left Of Any Year By copper55

My is one of 15 copper colors sold, a driver and top flight, having both after market tops, plasticon & bubble top. %100 original. We've driven it all around the country 116,000 miles on it and loved ... Read More

Read all 1955 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1957 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Fun Driver And Gets Lots Of Looks. By Bruce

The performance was way better than from factory as the engine was a 283 bored to 301 and it had 2 four barrels. Also the bumpers and top were off most of the time. I never got beat from light to ligh... Read More

Great Classic, Now Expsive, Make Sure It's Restored By Greg

dad bought it in early 90's from a collector in scranton, broke down all the time right after purchase, had it restored and works great now Read More

Read all 1957 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1958 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

A Dream Com True By Aaron

She was a short track racer that had been hit in the front right corner. the old man that owed it lost his eye sight and could't race any more. he advertised it as a race car only, but i reconized it... Read More

One Vette In The Works By Brad

This pic of the Corvette is not one of mine. This is what mine is bound to look like though. My dad and I are fixing it up and plan to put a 383 stroker in it and possibly nos later on. The car i know... Read More

Read all 1958 Chevrolet Corvette reviews

1959 Chevrolet Corvette Reviews

Flashy Car, I Liked It Very Much. By Sandune

LIKES - Good looking, Girls liked riding in it ! In shop once to have shifter stalk welded up so it quit sliding around when shifting. Jeez I was cool then ! The fit and finish was ok for those year... Read More

Gorgeous!!!! By Erin

Ford Mustang
Mercedes-Benz C-Class
Toyota Camry
Corvette
Looking for a Used Corvette in your area?
CarGurus has 10,588 nationwide Corvette listings starting at $3,500.