2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser User Reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 65 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser reviews.

ahart12 writes:
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Base Review
Overall:

Pros

Very sturdy, solid vehicle. Plenty of power. Great vintage appearance.

Cons

Small backseat.

ahart12

Solid Vehicle — Awesome, very solid and reliable vehicle. I have never had any problems at all with it. I have nothing negative at all to say about it. Durable interior with very utilitarian instruments and features. I would recommend it to anyone.

FJ Cruiser
Looking for a Used FJ Cruiser in your area?
CarGurus has 1,743 nationwide FJ Cruiser listings starting at $9,988.
Socratesgonewild writes:
Overall:

Pros

Super fun to drive on backroads and off roads. Very durable, sturdy & stable. Big engine power, great snow vehicle, surf & camping vehicle.

Cons

A little bulky, large side mirrors create some blind spots, windshield catches a lot of rocks.

Socratesgonewild

Super Fab Fun Sport Vehicle — Really enjoyable for driving on dirt roads. Love the skid auto-tracking feature for knowing when to shift into 4x4. The dashboard gauges and roomy cabin make for a high quality sport driving vehicle. Little large and cumbersome for city driving and long distance treks.

Beechnut writes:
Overall:

Pros

Lots of power for off-roading yet fun to drive around in the city. Mileage for me averages 18 with city & highway combined. Good solid vehicle. Have 140k and never had any major problems.

Cons

Some people have an issue with large blind spots. If you are a good driver and move your head and watch your mirrors there is no problem.

Beechnut

This Is Not A Prissy Car ! It's Big, Solid Yet Peppy. — The FJ Cruiser is the ideal vehicle for driving in the mountains, on the beach or just plain old highway. It rides high so you can see upcoming traffic situations in plenty of time. The cargo area is not really big but it's adequate. I use a luggage carrier on the roof rack when more cargo space is needed. The only thing I didn't like about this vehicle is the size of the gas tank. 19 gallons is okay, but 25 or more would have been ideal.

gramon55 writes:
Overall:

Pros

It is a monster when it comes to the off road. Yet, it is comfortable like a semi luxury truck. It goes where only the toughest off road SUV's go. On the road, it has great acceleration. It is better than some sport cars. From 0 to 60 MPH, it accelerates somewhere between 6.9 and 7.1 secongs.

Cons

It is a gas guzzler. The way I drive, it gives me an average of 13.8 MPG. other people manage to get about 17 to 18 MPG. However, they are not enjoying the acceleration and off road performance to get that.

gramon55

Great Off Road Suv. — I enjoy this car when I ram through a mud pit, I cross through near 2 feet of water, going up 30 or more degree inclines. It can climb the toughest terrain. This is more a toy than a car. Like any other true off road vehicle, it is very inefficient when it comes to gas consumption. I would not buy it to go to the supermarket and the shopping mall. If your concern is rain and snow, buy a Subaru. It is not worth the gas if all you want is a city car. The FJ is beautiful. You feel great driving it and have fun on and off the road. However, you will not have so much fun visiting the Gas station and spending over $50 twice a week if you drive everyday. I am actually contemplating buying a second car. With the standard tires, there is not too much noise road. There is wind noise after 60. The fact is that if you want a luxury SUV, you should not buy a real off road SUV. There are many on road SUV's. However, if you like adventure and going anywhere you desire, get a FJ Cruiser. It will amaze you.

Ben28403 writes:
Overall:

Pros

4x4, Solid. Ergonomics. Toyota reliability. Fun Car.

Cons

Cloth seats. Very manual

Ben28403

Fj Cruiser. Love It. — I looked for a bunch of cars. Toyota FJ Cruiser covered all my needs. Rejected cars were: 1. Mazda CX9 - too much look of a mom-mobile. 2. MDX - might be too posh to throw in my dogs. Also looks like mom-mobile. 3. BMW X5 - Loved it. Until I read about reliability which is awful. 4. F150 - More utility than I use regularly. 5. Highlander - small, too nice for my dogs. 6. 4Runner - Great car. thirsty though in 4x4. Might be bigger than need.

OlyWaFJ writes:
Overall:

Pros

Lots of room for a small SUV

Cons

No solid front axle, or diesel engine option.

OlyWaFJ

Fj40 Pedigree — Toyota quality, pedigree and entertainment sum up the FJ Cruiser. It's pedigree found in the 1970s FJ 40 Land Cruiser with fresh components from the Tundra brake, Prado frame, 4Runner suspension and the tried and true V6 4L from the Tacoma. Great 4x4 and a ton of fun to drive!

Pelicruise writes:
Overall:

Pros

Feel, torque, safety, looks, cargo, durability, dependability.

Cons

Gas mileage. Reconsider if you're thinking of this as a daily vehicle. Great for loading gear (I used it for video production lighting and camera gear).

Pelicruise

Feel Safe In Any Part Of Town, Any Type Of Weather Or Time Of Day. — Love this vehicle's feel, torque/ highway acceleration, ease of driving around town for relatively small size and large cargo space. Don't like that gas mileage is closer to 15 mpg than 17 or 21. TRD trim gives you comfort in any terrain, but also feels like unnecessary overkill when you're driving out to grab a drive-thru combo. Any time you hit a causeway/ bridge or hill, you'll feel the gas-gauge drop.

Yolondaland writes:
Overall:

Pros

Compact size, power, comfort, style

Cons

Doors

Yolondaland

Best Suv Ever! — This vehicle is very comfortable to drive long distances, short commutes, for everything. The height of the vehicle is excellent, and the compact size is perfect for having an SUV experience without the huge vehicle that usually goes with it. The doors are a pain for the older kids, but when they were little it was a priceless feature as they could not get out of the car on their own. I have loved this vehicle and find it to be the best I've ever owned.

JULIUSKHAN writes:
Visibility:
Warranty:
Weight:
Overall:

Pros

The best off and on road machine. Superior rides. Handles great. Looks great. Many aftermarket mods available. Better than Wranglers.

Cons

Blind-spot. Buy some blind-spot mirrors and that will take care of that issue. It burns a lot of fuel. But you have to expect that from a big truck.

JULIUSKHAN

Best Suv I Have Ever Driven. — I owned BMW X5 before I had my FJ. Love how it looks and performs. Handling wise X5 was better on the road, but it's suspension was stiffer than the FJ. Well for the off-road driving the FJ is GREAT. I owned two Wranglers (Rubicon) and they were good for off-road but the wranglers doesn't come close to both on and off road performance. FJ handles much better. Very very reliable car. You can sit 5 adults comfortably, in-n-out from the back seat is bit challenging. Lots of room in the trunk. Roof rack could be used for other accessories. Very smooth ride. Great resale value. You won't regret on this one.

Janet writes:
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Base Review
Appearance:
Overall:

Pros

Perfect for a couple.  The cargo area with fold down rear seats, covers most needs.

Cons

Since my husband is tall, there is not a lot of room in the back seat for passengers.  Rear passenger needs to wait for front passenger to unbuckle seat belt before opening the rear door.

Much Better Gas Mileage Then A Chevy Silverado. — P4 allows you to know how much room you have backing up. Tinted windows keep the sun down in the back. Front seats recline nicely.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 65 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser reviews.

Review your car

2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser Reviews

Best All Around Vehicle By firesky06

No matter the occasion this truck has the advantage size, towing capacity, versatility, style, stability, and most importantly reliability. Everyone should get the chance to drive this vehicle. Gas mi... Read More

Great Overall Suv For The Active Person. By Advance

I use this vehicle for hunting, camping, etc. It has never let me down on a trail. It always got me home without incident. Fuel economy is not bad for a vehicle of this size and power. I get 21mpg... Read More

Read all 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser reviews

2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser Reviews

Fj Cruiser, You Will Be Missed! By toyotacolin

I love my FJ cruiser! It took us all over country with out a complaint. Makes my photography job way more enjoyable. I get 20-21 mpg on my 2007 FJ with 34" tires, so thats not bad at all. I love t... Read More

Best For My Usage. By DWH_25

It is used as transportation when not on Harley. It is also used extensively in my rural environment when nothing else can get through the mud and water. I have pulled bigger trucks out of the mud wit... Read More

Read all 5 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser reviews

2009 Toyota FJ Cruiser Reviews

Its A Nice Drive For A Family Of 4 (max) By Zeeshan

performance is quite better than compared to its counterparts. the build quality is not that good since the body isnt strong as a landcruiser or patrol. not an expensive car to keep. it looks really n... Read More

All Terain,, Funbee By Moe

Build Quality: perfect Car Comparisons: alot,,best in over all pespective taking the reagon into consideration Performance: great More About My Car: cheap,,nice,, tough,,does the job Read More

Read all 8 2009 Toyota FJ Cruiser reviews

2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser Reviews

I Love Driving And Owning This Car. By Davidscott80

I love driving and customizing this car. It has a commanding presence and people notice it. I've been on many trips where I've been stopped by a stranger at a gas station to talk about my car. This is... Read More

Lots Of Fun For A Daily Driver Or Offroad, By Kyle_T

I previously owned a 13 Tacoma and enjoyed it. However I sold the 13 Tacoma for my FJ, I will say it was a great swap. The handling of the FJ allowed me to feel comfortable on or off road. Aside from ... Read More

Read all 21 2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser reviews

People researching a 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser contacted a dealer about

Toyota FJ Cruiser
Toyota 4Runner
Ford F-150
Jeep Wrangler
FJ Cruiser
Looking for a Used FJ Cruiser in your area?
CarGurus has 1,743 nationwide FJ Cruiser listings starting at $9,988.