2006 Pontiac Solstice User Reviews

2006 Pontiac Solstice Review Ratings

• Review your car

• Performance:4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 / 5
  • Appearance:5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars5 out of 5 stars 5 / 5
  • Build Quality:4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars4 out of 5 stars 4 / 5
  • Overall: 4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars4.8 out of 5 stars 4.8 / 5

PROS
"handling" 6 reviews
"brakes" 2 reviews
CONS
"space" 4 reviews
"storage" 3 reviews
"small space" 2 reviews

Displaying 1 - 10 of 14 2006 Pontiac Solstice reviews.

buttergly1 writes:
Overall:

Pros

Sporty- Nice with the top down and hair blowing in the breeze.  Comfortable to travel long distance. Leather bucket seats, nice interior and great stereo.

Cons

Small truck area

buttergly1

Excellent Sports Car For The Money! — Purchased the car in 2006 received as anniversary present from husband. What a nice surprise. The leather interior looks great and the engine runs smooth. Let the top down and enjoy the ride. Have only taken car in for normal routine checkups and oil change. Have never had any probelms with this car. I'd give it an A+.

Solstice
Looking for a Used Solstice in your area?
CarGurus has 671 nationwide Solstice listings starting at $6,800.
Denny writes:
Overall:

Pros

awesome car for the money

Cons

lack of storage space

2006 Solstice — There are few cars in the $20,000-$30,000 range that can turn heads quite like the Pontiac Solstice. Even though it's entering its fourth year of production, this curvaceous roadster still commands looks from fellow drivers and passers-by. This sexy styling, along with the Solstice's able powertrain and sporty driving dynamics, have made it a sales success. For 2009, Pontiac has added even more varieties of Solstice to the menu.

PetRap writes:
2006 Pontiac Solstice Review
Overall:

Pros

sporty, low seat close to ground, convertible, very fun to drive

Cons

small cargo space

PetRap

Sexy Convertible Sport Car — I like the simple sexy sporty looking exterior, driver is very close to rear mirror giving excellent visibility, solid construction, great handling on fast sharp curves, very comfortable seat with head rest, powerful air conditioner, hood can be deployed and put back in few seconds.

rufusmydad writes:
Overall:

Pros

It is loaded!
It is a 4CYL. but it will fly.

Cons

I really have nothing bad to say unless you need a lot of trunk space.

rufusmydad

Fabulous. Best Car I Have Ever Had. — I love this car but just don't drive it enough. I got a Smart car and I seem to use it the most because I park my Solstice in the garage in front of the Smart car. I do make sure I drive it once a week to keep it running great.

Eric writes:
Overall:

Pros

Handles like a gocart

Cons

Fit and finish

Its A Keepers Just Get Plenty Of Extra Interior Parts — Fun car to drive, quality is definately lacking, plastic interior, electrical ploblems and just poor craftmanship, I would definately get the 2009 model, maybe they have most of the problems worked out by then. Or just drop a big turbo in it and blow doors on just about every car on the road.

Nick writes:
Overall:

Pros

Apperience, top down experience.

Cons

Lack of power

Great Job Gm You Built A Winner! — I love it! It is unbelievable fun to drive, flings around corners beautifully, could be a couple hundred pounds lighter. It needs more horsepower! So far, no problems with the car. :) How can you not love the way it looks?

Donna writes:
2006 Pontiac Solstice Review
Overall:

Pros

the look

Cons

cloth seats

Solstice Review — I love it. The only thing is I do wish I had leather seats, but I didn't like them the year I purchased the car. They were 2 tone and a bit gaudy. In my province, they put the plate on the front which looks absolutely awful. Tcar looks so much better without it.

Jason writes:
Overall:

Pros

Everything a driver wnat in a car

Cons

except trunk space?

You Haven't Driven A Car Until You've Driven A Pontiac Solstice — I don't want to write a novel so just pretend that i wrote about how everything that could be could about the car was better than good. Only complaint was trunk space.

Ryan writes:
Overall:

Pros

Great styling, excellent handling and braking.

Cons

Poor ecotec engine, less than desirable build quality.

Inexpensive Coupe Gives Bang For Buck! — I had a chance to work the little solstice out on GM's test track in Las Vegas. With an Ecotec motor, I wasn't expecting much. What I got was a lot more than I bargained for. The car accelerates almost as hard as a Corvette, and handles almost as well as one too. The interior is pretty tight, if I was a large fellow or tall to any degree, I wouldn't consider purchasing this car. The Ecotec motor delivered mediocre performance, and was extremely noisy with buzzing and vibrations, reminding me of my friend's beat up '03 Sunfire. Handling and braking, however, were top notch. Build quality could be better: I did feel as if the car was not as solid as it could have been. You certainly can't beat the looks of this little roadster, and it's certainly more masculine than the comparable Miata. All in all, definitely a car I'd recommend, and take to the autocross course.

Melissa651 writes:
Overall:

Pros

great handling, lightweight, compact, beautiful exterior

Cons

lack of storage, rear differential issues

This Car Is Great For Someone Who Hasn't Smiled In A Long Time. — This car is a two-seater so not much room for carrying things but great for someone who loves to drive and loves small cars. Handles great, looks great, I don't know what else to say except that I smile everytime I'm in this car and I've never been sick of it.

Displaying 1 - 10 of 14 2006 Pontiac Solstice reviews.

Review your car

2009 Pontiac Solstice Reviews

One Of A Kind By aubin24

Overall I like the car nice sleek design, It is difficult to see on either side of the car blind spot, The sound system is great, The car is quick but not fast, It stop on a dine and corners very well... Read More

Super Sexy Roadster By Steve

Like the lines, the look, the wheels and quick response handling. It is well appointed on the inside and has a booming stereo. The removable hard top creates an even sexier targa look and with GM reli... Read More

Read all 7 2009 Pontiac Solstice reviews

2008 Pontiac Solstice Reviews

I Found The Car To Be The Most Fun And Best Looking Car I've Ever Owned. By Missterious

I virtually loved everything about this Solstice GXP, especially her looks and feel of her. The power was amazing, but easily controllable. In less than 6 seconds, it breezed from 0 to 60 mph. The On... Read More

2008 Solstice Gxp - One Fantastic Vehicle By patboyle

This car rocks. Great handling, great sound system, 0-60 in 5.5 seconds, what more do you need to say? When driving this car it seems as though you are going slow if you are doing under 80 MPH. The ... Read More

Read all 13 2008 Pontiac Solstice reviews

2007 Pontiac Solstice Reviews

My Sol By JimmyVillan

I love the style of the car. The handling is great like riding on rails. A little noisy at speed but who cares it is a sports car. Engine power in the 2.4 is good enough to get you going. The quality ... Read More

Fun Roadster By XSMCX2001

Love this car, It is fast and fun to drive. It will blow you away at the acceleration power it has while you are cruising at 65mph and need to overtake the car in front of you. The Turbo will kick ... Read More

Read all 22 2007 Pontiac Solstice reviews

People researching a 2006 Pontiac Solstice contacted a dealer about

2006 Pontiac Solstice Roadster picture, exterior
Pontiac Solstice
Chrysler Crossfire
Mazda MX-5 Miata
Solstice
Looking for a Used Solstice in your area?
CarGurus has 671 nationwide Solstice listings starting at $6,800.